Viscount Aerospace Victor - 1976

gerryattrick

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
NOW SOLD.

I am selling my 1976 Viscount Aerospace Victor.

I think it was marketed as a tourer so hope it's OK for sale here.

It is in fantastic condition for its age with no rust or dents and hardly a scratch. The few scratches there are are from storage and have been touched up immediately.  I bought it in September last year as it looked interesting, and it rides really well, but sadly the frame is just a little bigger than I like and I am just not riding it enough.

It is in original condition and a very unusual bike, particularly the gears and the BB, and looks as if it has hardly been used:

Gears: Shimano Positron 5 speed. I believe they were their first indexed gears. They shift well and use a double cable and a push/pull action as there is no return spring on the mechanism.
BB:  Pressed sealed bearings with the axle held on with circlips. Very smooth running.
Chainset:  Viscount's own make with single TA chainring.
Frame:  22.5" Phoenix 1027 lightweight tubing, the same geometry as the Aerospace road bikes. Fillet brazed, except for the lugged head tube. I have heard that these are Lambert Aerospace frames handed over to Viscount.
Wheels:  27 x 1 1/8 Weinmann alloy Rims on alloy Suzue wide flange hubs. I was going to service the hubs, but frankly they spin so smoothly and for so long that I didn't think I could improve them.
Tyres:  Brand new Continental Super Sport 27 x 1 1/8
Mudguards:  Bluemel
Rear rack:  Pletscher alloy
Saddle/seatpost:  I have fitted a leather Lycett L'Avenir saddle and an alloy Stronglight fluted seatpost, but will include the original white sprung saddle as well.
Brakes/levers:  Weinmann alloy.
Stem:  SR alloy
Weight:  As currently built with all the kit the bike weighs just 24lbs.

£100 buys you a quality bike that you are unlikely to see anyone else riding.

I am not keen on posting but am prepared to deliver within 30 miles from Cardiff, or drive that distance to hand it over at no extra cost.

More photos at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gerryattrick/.

Attachments

• 20170419_171828-480x640.jpg
    20170419_171828-480x640.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,096
  • 20170419_171752-640x480.jpg
    20170419_171752-640x480.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,096
Re: Re:

gerryattrick":3fkf84yd said:
Nice day out for you, and a bike to go home with.

Sounds good to me. ;)

I would need to come home with more than a bike to make that happen

Back