Viscount Aerospace pro

bagpuss

rBotM Winner
Just land with one of these . FOC . Trusty model? Looks late 70's
Lugless frame . Forks to check!! :twisted:
27x 1 1/4 wheels, Mavic rims, need to remove crap to determin hubs.
Shimano crane gears .
Has straight bars fitted.
SKS gold mudguards....must worth alot :LOL:
Chainset need degunking .Its not the lambert one. 10 speed .
Weinmann cp brakes.
Saddle is much later .
To small for me and I need another bike like a hole in the head .
update
Pictures to follow once it has stopped pi$$ ing down .
Chainset ;SR Custom 52/42 .
GB stem and north road style alloy bars
Full chrome forks
Hubs appear to be Viscounts own ?

Viscount Aerospace Pro by rebalrid, on Flickr

Looks about right apart from maybe the fork (which looks like it's painted grey). Memory is a bit hazy on this, but early ones came with an aluminium fork originally, the cast aluminium 'death' fork. These were recalled due to some failures and I think replaced witha chromed steel fork. There was then an improved design alloy one with a pinned crown. Then later bikes (and the non Aerospace models) had a chromed steel fork.

Re:

yes, it looks like the fork isn't the original one.
These were very under-rated frames and a bargain when bought new, as they seemed as good as a 531 frame for a mass-produced price.

Are they the original wheels? I remember one guy in the CTC (prob 79ish) having one and i'm sure his came with sprints, but maybe he'd added them himself

Definitely repacement forks,they are full chrome steel . I reckon the chrome will clean up . Not sure about wheels .The chap who owned it ran a LBS so changing them would have not been a problem .Nice Mavic rims and stainless spokes .Not sure about the hubs .They could be Maillard/Normandy .

Front/ Rear mech have cleaned up a treat .Both early Shimano .Rear is Crane {1st gen D/A }and front is Dura ace .
Chain set SR custom ,has very little wear .

all useful spares .

If anyone wants the frame/forks FOC. Collection only from Derby .

Back