Vintage Harry Hall road touring bike

It’s scrubbed up really nice and from the look of it it’s never really been used. The biggest issue is the fit. The bars are too narrow at 38, the reach too long at 120 and the hoods mounted too low. I usually have short reach compact bars on my bikes but I don’t want that look on this bike. I’ve been looking at cinelli 66 bars which seem to have a reach of 75 - 80 but they have a deep drop. (But Im rarely in the drops unless step descents) thinking a brooks c15 saddle too. It’s Reynolds 531 c with Columbus dropouts. I may put some shimano 600 brakes on so I can feed the cables under the tape (but this would limit the flexibility of a quill stem)

Wow, that’s amazing.

It’s scrubbed up really nice and from the look of it it’s never really been used. The biggest issue is the fit. The bars are too narrow at 38, the reach too long at 120 and the hoods mounted too low. I usually have short reach compact bars on my bikes but I don’t want that look on this bike. I’ve been looking at cinelli 66 bars which seem to have a reach of 75 - 80 but they have a deep drop. (But Im rarely in the drops unless step descents) thinking a brooks c15 saddle too. It’s Reynolds 531 c with Columbus dropouts. I may put some shimano 600 brakes on so I can feed the cables under the tape (but this would limit the flexibility of a quill stem)

Yes the c was for championship frame step up from standard and race worthy tubing. They were the first indexed levers too by shImano Some bike there you have, few tweaks an fit additions and it will be class.

I mentioned I’d been to Harrys shop a few times, pure class he put out. Truly fine example you have for the money, let me know too how it rides

Can donate you a 64/40 bars as they are shallower than 66 at 138mm drop vs 158 on 66? Postage cost only if interested

According to some websites reach is 75mm ctc, which kind of looks like when I get tape to the bars

I'd say very good, small mark on top (5mm) and superficial marks as always found, but best to see yourself, pics enclosed

Attachments

• 20231020_090715.jpg
    20231020_090715.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20231020_090726.jpg
    20231020_090726.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 10
Back