Venom Racing Cycles

Tsundere

Fat Chance Fan
Feedback
View
What does RB know about these bikes? I do know that they were made in the Midlands by someone called Matt Norman during the 1990's, he also made MTB's which is where I first encountered the brand, beyond that I can't find any information.

Just bought this with a view to converting it to flat bar, the tubing is Reynolds 853, I'm sure road purists will be offended but I'm also thinking of getting some slightly wider rims and tyres (32's?) to cope better with light trails, so it's possible that I may need to change the brake calipers to accommodate that?

venom.JPG

It was love at first sight as far as the frameset goes, I like that it was hand built by a little known regional frame builder, and regardless of whether or not it's a particularly prestigious brand I'm really looking forward to riding the hell out of it.

Any thoughts or insights would be very much appreciated.

Found this link where others are asking for info regarding Venom Cycles, anyway Matt Normans daughter suddenly shows up and then Matt himself, apparently he relocated to Australia and is still building frames, he did say in that thread that he'd post some history about Venom on his website but I can't find it, sadly that's where the trail goes cold.

There is a Facebook group dedicated to the brand though, but I don't allow spyware on my PC and so cannot access it :(

Back