Velo de Ville, pub bike fat tire project, HotRod style

Thanks all... for the nice feedback.. it makes me even more proud...

...so... I decided to ad one thing that will make it realy my own bike: a self made head badge... :cool:

maybe this will be the hardest thing to make, since it's not just woodcraftmenship or metal works.. I decided to go the chemical way with some etching in alumium... A picture will turn up here when it works out the right way... maybe it even works out the first time... :?

Rims

Hi, can you tell me the specs of those rims, the brand and the hub etc. Where did you buy these? Do you know if they are available in other colours as well, like in orange?

I love how your bike turned out. I am trying to get the parts i need for a beach/city cruiser, thats why I am interrested in those wheels.

I mailed Ernie, who did the setup of those wheels, but he could not tell me the brand, or where you'd get them.
Unfortunatly he told me, he wouldn't set them up for me, even if I found them, he only does the ones he sells, so for the setup I have to look around some more.

But if you could mail me the brand, or a link where I can buy them, this cycle fanatic would be very pleased.

grtz

P

Thanks on the compliments.. :D

I bought the rims in the UK with some help from a member on this forum.. Here is a link to the manufacturer: http://elgallocomponents.com/productos/llantas/llanta-el-senor-de-los-anillos/
The front hub is a Miche, the rear a Sturmey Archer S2C. Both are for sale in other colors, but no orange... The spokes I found on the german eBay and are also available in lots of colors...
If you search for Velocity rims in google, you might find orange ones, but they will be powder coated... I wanted anodized wheel parts... a bit more modern than completely coated wheels, that was the idea..

I know Ernie doesn't build wheel out of components offered at his door, but he's a close friend for over 20 years, perhaps that makes the exception... Maybe ask him again in about 20 years..
;)

Good luck with the search and build, hope to see some pic's when there is some evolvement..

Hi,

Thanks for your swift response !!
I didn't realize that it wasn't a complete wheelset, but then you did a great job searching for these matching components.

I'll start my search tonite, in time pictures of a finished project will be shown of course ..

grtz

P

Back