UPDATE Page 6 Next we have a 93' Manitou FS...

Re:

okay, that makes sense. didn't know reaming was involved. and definitely be nervous about cutting ti steerer and pressing in HS cups. :p

Re:

Just finished this one up. What a pain in the arse it was... :LOL:

I had to mill down the spacers for the inner M900 ring to get the chain line right. The headset cups also required about .250mm of reaming to interface with the headtube without cracking it. So far, so good! The seatpost was also pretty scary but I used a lot of white lithium and a few swipes of 800 grit paper on an otherwise NOS post which ended up working out well and fits like a glove.

I've messed with a lot of frames but this one takes the cake in regard to challenging. Let me know what you think. The good and the bad are welcome.

Qazsg8.jpg

quAUIj.jpg

8ICotF.jpg

KXjZGv.jpg

Ok7gAG.jpg

Fi5hso.jpg

0eV9qH.jpg

ttmjzO.jpg

NKzUGJ.jpg

pH5a6Z.jpg

Still no cracks!

QQ07jC.jpg

Re: Next in the stand we have a 93' Manitou FS...

Beautiful! How does she ride? So jealous that you got yours done. One day I might get around to work on mine...

very nice! :cool:

would have liked to have seen the black hyper bar and perhaps even hubs & QRs.

syncrosfan":1o0jdkw6 said:
Beautiful! How does she ride? So jealous that you got yours done. One day I might get around to work on mine...

ride??? :shock: :LOL:

I know... One does not simply ride a Manitou FS. Look but don't touch. (strip club rules on those).

Haha...Strip club rules. I like that. Black looked pretty good but in the end silver won out for the cockpit. The black bar was too much. Hub wise, I have some black bubbas laced to some RM30s but didn't think about it. Was really trying to downplay the ano and focus on the CNC. Will see how they look though soon.

I did ride it to the mailbox and back this weekend to try the shifting. Hey...it's a half km driveway so there... :LOL:

Back