UPDATE Page 6 Next we have a 93' Manitou FS...

Re:

id go with the turquoise hyperlite bars to match your frame anything else would look cheap
id also be interested in the black ones wish you were in uk

Re: Next in the stand we have a 93' Manitou FS...

ouh! i'd like to see an all black cockpit, that would be rad! black hyper, grafton lever/perches and grips! :cool:

RockiMtn":2ed62int said:
ouh! i'd like to see an all black cockpit, that would be rad! black hyper, grafton lever/perches and grips! :cool:

Or
Silver bars and blue grips

Can't see the 3Dv Violet bars Making it

The bling is tricky with these. It's tough to find the right balance and not make it look like everyone else's. You've got some fun bits there though!!!

Yea, the 3DV isn't considered only hanging with her siblings. I'm kinda liking the all black option tonight. The RSR are just too thin for me though.

I would like to see the black bars, might be a bit too much black though, maybe some clear grips to break it up a bit? the silver bars would work too :) i could take the black bars off your hands, should make the choice easier :)

Mark

Thanks all. I think I'm going to try all black and see how that turns out. I strung up the cranks and rings last night and used some SRP bolts with NOS SG-X rings and like the look pretty well.

ulPAVC.jpg

O0HFHl.jpg

Still need to order spokes, get the wheels built and install the new decals but no rush on that. Lots of headway made this weekend. Have a great Sunday!

Re:

For the project, two new wheels were needed so I used a previously unlaced, silver Ringle Super Duper 8 rear & a Super Bubba front, M231 CDs (thanks Adrian...you do rock) laced with silver Sapim CX-Rays and black 14mm black, Sapim nips. Gil punched out some fresh new decals to liven up the rims so I'm really pleased with the wheels. The bladed spokes should work well with the massive tubes on this bike. Think Ringle/HED/Yeti Ti Stix.

4jdQsW.jpg

rLcdzI.jpg

nn7Ws9.jpg

auaILT.jpg

OUEuDD.jpg

Finishing up some last minute polishing and new ring replacement.

9WZ4PC.jpg

eiPSXu.jpg

Also got a few jewels back from ano last week. Grafton needed some parts anodized so he let me know and I had these previously black DKG braces and another M3 brace done while awaiting new elastomers.

94PFxV.jpg

I plan to apply decals this week so I should have this one in the bag by next weekend. It's been fun but like most retro builds these day, painfully slow running down all the parts.

Tons of nice goodies.... WOW !
Looking forward to see this build getting together

Cheers
Jeroen

Back