Unused and original Raleigh Diablo Dynatech 1989

richard591

Retro Newbie
So, here's a question.
In 1989/90 I bought a Raleigh Special Products Division Diablo Titanium Dynatech for my son. It's in the Purple and black style livery. However, he'd already (unknown to me) Bought another bike. I then had a surplus bike on my hands which I still have. This is all completely out of the box original, still with its original tyres.
However, being a bit of an enthusiast I made a few upgrade mods as follows.
a. Upgraded the Derailleur set to Shimano XTR (top of the range at the time) Still have the Deore LX original set
b. Added Girvin shock absorber adjustable headset.
c. Later, added a new set of Suntor XCT suspension forks.
Otherwise, everything is original, including the 26" rims by Mavic, Titanium handlebars, Deore LX chain set, changers and brakes.
I've taken it out of the garage a few times over the years to ride it and it's a superb bit of kit, with the XTR derailleur changing like silk, but I have no use for it now. So, I'm looking for a new home for this collectable classic, which has virtually never been used. I think it's unlikely you'd find another like it.
If anyone is interested I can send extensive photos and you can contact me by e-mail at - richard.perret@orange.fr
I now live in the south of France, but the bike can be sent back to the UK.

Re:

Richard

Welcome to the forum.

The bike sounds interesting - no doubt someone will snap it up. Would suggest, however, that you post it in the For Sale section. Include lots of pics - and importantly, forum rules require you set a price.

Good luck.

Re: Re:

BlackCat":2v7if5bx said:
Richard

Welcome to the forum.

The bike sounds interesting - no doubt someone will snap it up. Would suggest, however, that you post it in the For Sale section. Include lots of pics - and importantly, forum rules require you set a price.

Good luck.
Thanks for that. Yes, the initial post was just a feeler. I will be making many detailed photos and posting those soon. The only question is just what price to set. Any suggestions welcomed.
Richard

Back