Unknown very light steel frame.

Hey look....this is interesting...NOT your frame but look at the very distinctive seat clamp....

Hey this might be it....post in the thread above, linking to the frame like yours there....and notice the comment on 'noodles'....

(Your frame should be called OOOdles btw since it has load of noodles...)

Mechagouki,

The way the stays are finished at the dropouts and the missing CS bridge, the back end looks a lot like my wifes BREW 180 Proof, Her bike has noodles at the seat collar instead of stops though. He bike is Prestige tubing and Steve didn't bother to sleeve the seat tube at the top, which appears to be the case with yours too. Her bike cracked under the collar due to the light tubing not being sleeved; Rody sorted that for me. However, on her bike the original collar detail was different than the Salsa style yours has.

Now BREWs have really ugly plate dropouts.

in which case, an email with photo to the workshop might help a lot with a 'yes' or a 'no'...

That's a very interesting puzzle. Lovely details, and so light. Nice.
One thought - is the seat tube ovalised? This would help ID the tube set.
Also - any trace of a different colour in the BB or headset? A bit of over spray of a different colour?

All tubes are round, no traces of other paint at all.
I think the tubing is Columbus Max.

Hey this might be it....post in the thread above, linking to the frame like yours there....and notice the comment on 'noodles'....

(Your frame should be called OOOdles btw since it has load of noodles...)

Mechagouki,

The way the stays are finished at the dropouts and the missing CS bridge, the back end looks a lot like my wifes BREW 180 Proof, Her bike has noodles at the seat collar instead of stops though. He bike is Prestige tubing and Steve didn't bother to sleeve the seat tube at the top, which appears to be the case with yours too. Her bike cracked under the collar due to the light tubing not being sleeved; Rody sorted that for me. However, on her bike the original collar detail was different than the Salsa style yours has.

Now BREWs have really ugly plate dropouts.

Interesting, I found the bike they weee talking about. It has 3 noodles all on one side, the rest of the bike is quite different though. I will send them an email though.

I found the seat clamp on a lot of mid-90’s Italian road bikes. So I’m back to thinking it’s Italian now!

Thanks!

Back