Unknown 24 Seven Jump bike build

View attachment 581790
Got it all back together and looking pretty sweet.. new bearings for the bottom bracket were an education - never had to do Bmx style ones before, but they went in ok. The headset was missing its crown race but I found one that fitted. Rear hub/free hub service just basic tlc needed really.
Rides nice, like a giant Bmx.
Like it.
I don't suppose you have aaaany details on the bearings and bottom bracket you procured (appreciate this was over 3 years ago now).
I have made several attempts to get my 24seven back on the dirt over the last 10 years and always failed miserably.
Really nice finished product you got there btw! Excellent job.

Hi, cheers. Sorry but it was that long ago I don’t have a clue what I ended up fitting. I’d think a regular bmx bottom bracket would fit the shell and then axle length would depend on what cranks you’re using. The axle can be spaced out so not too critical - if in doubt go longer.
Probably not much help - sorry but I don’t do much with bmx style stuff so that’s all I got!

I don't suppose you have aaaany details on the bearings and bottom bracket you procured (appreciate this was over 3 years ago now).
I have made several attempts to get my 24seven back on the dirt over the last 10 years and always failed miserably.
Really nice finished product you got there btw! Excellent job.
Is it the axle and bearings you need, or just the bearings? These all came from pretty much the same Taiwanese factory back in the day and there are numerous other companies like Gussett who made similar cranks. Standard MTB setups used four 32 x 20 x 7 bearings whereas BMX setups used two much larger bearings which I imagine would be 14mm wide, 20mm internal and an external measurement which was matching the cups. As BMX BB shells are standard you should be able to pick up a generic set of cups and get some bearings to suit - even if the bearings aren't quite fat enough you could easily make up the difference with some spacers.

If you need an axle and shells etc then this should work. There was a set of cranks like the OP's ones which popped up the other day except with different branding. It has an MTB BB but the axle is defo right, and then that would just leave you to find some generic BMX BB cups and matching bearings.

Hopefully that's useful!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Apologies for jumping in on an older thread.... do you happen to remember where you got the frame decals from? I've been looking at doing something similar (and feeling inspired by how nicely yours turned out - I'm very impressed) but despite a relatively thorough google/ebay search, I haven't had much luck.

They're pretty basic decals so anyone with a little skill should be able to recreate them for you @Tom_FP . Gil at Retrodecals will probably ding you/show little interest as they're too late for his theme but Filip at Sticker Studio should do a decent job for you, he recreated the ones for my Rotec from images and didn't even need measurements and they were within 1mm of the faded outline on the frame which as far as I'm concerned was bloody impressive.

Back