Ukrainian Oldschool MTB

Something I've wondered looking at your thread....

Where do you get all these cool parts from?

I mean I can't imagine many would have been bought originally in Ukraine in the 90s, well not so many as in the west. You have some rare parts.

So do you import them via eBay or travel to bike jumbles in Germany?

Something I've wondered looking at your thread....

Where do you get all these cool parts from?

I mean I can't imagine many would have been bought originally in Ukraine in the 90s, well not so many as in the west. You have some rare parts.

So do you import them via eBay or travel to bike jumbles in Germany?
In most cases, this is a search for normal bikes among the garbage at flea markets. Since 26 wheels are unpopular here, and aluminum bikes are valued more than steel, you often buy a normal bike for pennies from a person who does not understand what he is selling. It is also normal practice to buy a whole bike for one spare part that is on it, such as cnc crankset or a pair of beautiful rare brakes and so on.

So you enjoy the hunt for treasure!

I wish I could find such treasure here! A bike with 730 xt is about as exotic as you get in the back of a garage here!

I suppose here most is in the hands of original owners and collectors who remember the value, whereas for you perhaps the parts have had more owners before they end up in a flea market.

Do you turn up something interesting every month at least?

Haven't really commented on this thread as i enjoy just looking at it, it is one of my favourite threads though.

A lot of members, including myself, build bikes with dream or catalogue parts, though there are a lot of us on here who rode through the era on everything and anything we could source, through whatever means, it was more about the riding back then. This thread for me epitomizes that time and brings back so many memories :cool:

In most cases, this is a search for normal bikes among the garbage at flea markets. Since 26 wheels are unpopular here, and aluminum bikes are valued more than steel, you often buy a normal bike for pennies from a person who does not understand what he is selling. It is also normal practice to buy a whole bike for one spare part that is on it, such as cnc crankset or a pair of beautiful rare brakes and so on.
It must be a real coup...sorry about the term :LOL: to find something rare and desirable in the flea markets. Quite a lift to the emotions to spot something amongst all the junk and then get it for cheap.

Back