Two 4's and a 6

2VT

Retro Newbie
I bought the Bassboat Blue (#1) new. I bought the pre-production flat black 4-Banger (#2) off Ebay in 2005. The Straight 6 (#3) I built up in 2015. Since March 2020, I've ridden about everyday, rotating from one the the next. #1 weights 28lbs, #2 weights 30lbs. and #3 weights 33lbs. I ride Woolsey Canyon where there is no flat ground and all technical up and down. I Strava all my rides and ride the same path every time. #1 now has a Hayes disc brake on it. #2 has gotten the best times. Try this https://www.strava.com/dashboard?feed_type=my_activity
2 4's and a 6b.jpg

Straight 6

Attachments

• Ghost 1.jpg
    Ghost 1.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Great collection but this will get moved to the 98+ section.

Is the 6 a modified 4 Banger with longer shock? I did that with one of mine, works great with a longer fork.

Straight 6
It was sold to me on Ebay as a 2000 Straight 6 in 2015. That said there's alot the same once you get past the earlier Pull-Shock versions.

Attachments

• Straight 6 wiki.jpg
    Straight 6 wiki.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 5
Ah I see. The factory setup for the 6 was with the black lighter rear links so that's why I wondered. I assume you are dealing with the 22mm rear brake mount as well.

Ah I see. The factory setup for the 6 was with the black lighter rear links so that's why I wondered. I assume you are dealing with the 22mm rear brake mount as well.
Everything was ball burnished. I got an adapter from AtoZ(?) so it now has Hayes Prime front and rear. The big front axle I figured would latterly stiffen the 6" fork. Where I ride is steep and rough. The bike that works the best is the middle one. It was Dave Cullin's bike. Pre-production but not much different than the Bass Boat. Rear brake line routing can be routed either high or low. But it's a Yeti built.

Attachments

• Lawwill's 003.jpg
    Lawwill's 003.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 6
4-Banger with AMP F4b and Hayes disc brake

Attachments

• 4 Banger 1.jpg
    4 Banger 1.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 3
Back