Top Spec early 90's Steel Frame Bike Search

funkster

Dirt Disciple
Evening Chaps,

I'm looking for a really nice example of the late 80's early 90's steel framed, no suspension mountain bike - could be a Marin, Saracen etc - 18 or 19 frame (I am 6'2" and want to ride off road). I am looking for a top spec model - it would have to be Deore at least - would prefer the old-school above-bar thumb shifters if poss' and finally - it has to be in superb condition - not asking much then!

Look forward to hearing what you've got lurking at the back of the shed!

Miles

1992 S Works steel 19" Virtually unblemished

Hi Miles,
How much are you looking to spend?
I've got a gorgeous 1992 19" S Works Steel with Mint XTR groupset......about as desirable as they come :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Looking for £600

If that's too much, I'm also looking to sell my Orange P7, either as a complete bike, or as frame, seatpost and headset.

Both are on the "For Sale" forum.

All the best
Chris

Thanks Chris - £600 is a bit more than I had in mind - but I would love to see a few pics- could not access via for sale page
I saw your orange - lovely bike - but I think I may wait for 'the one' !
Cheers
Miles

Having done a bit of research , Chris - your s-works could be right up my street - would be grateful if you could send me a couple of pics - thanks
Miles

Photos

Hi Miles,
Just checked out the pics and there's definitely a broken link.
I'll see what I can do for you, this evening.
All the best
Chris

Pics

Hi Miles,
Pics, as promised :D

DSCF9145.jpg

DSCF9142.jpg

DSCF9141.jpg

DSCF9140.jpg

DSCF9139.jpg

DSCF9136.jpg

DSCF9135.jpg

DSCF9134.jpg

DSCF9132.jpg

Given a top spec frame would set you back £150+ depending how 'top spec' you are actually looking and real top spec will probably be a lot more.

£600 not a silly number to be looking at at all.

FluffyChicken":1mny5njg said:
Given a top spec frame would set you back £150+ depending how 'top spec' you are actually looking and real top spec will probably be a lot more.

£600 not a silly number to be looking at at all.
seconded,looking at the pics ,If I had a spare £600 I would have that myself,very tidy !

Back