Tom's projetcs - TVT, Colnago, others...

tom06

Retro Newbie
Hello guys,

Im french so sorry for my bad english! I've just received this TVT road bike. But i havent many informations about it, which year? Why these rear brakebridge (clamp around seat stays)?

1992-tvt-carbon-41862_1.jpg

Thx

Ive also other bikes... :)

Re: TVT Carbon - Need informations

for me … it's clearly a TVT Beat, the simplest model of frame sets, which did under TVT label. It's build of the same lugs, which TVT used but with the lowest quality of
carbon fiber tubes and I am not sure but refer to the LOOK typical rear brake bridge I suspect that the TVT build in the workshop at LOOK Cycle and not
from T.V.T. Technique Vérre du Tissé. It's more remember to a LOOK KG 76 or 86, which build from TVT. Also normally the frame number under the BB shell has not the logic, which the original TVTs have.

TVT starts to build these bike after 1992 when the classic TVT92 Carbone ...HR or HM ... switched to the music labels Symphony, Rapsodie, Sonate
… here the pics out of 1993 TVT catalogue ranking from the top to the low in quality

Attachments

• TVT Symphonie.jpg
    TVT Symphonie.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 714
  • TVT_Rapsodie.jpg
    TVT_Rapsodie.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 710
  • TVT_Sonate.jpg
    TVT_Sonate.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 720
  • TVT Beat.jpg
    TVT Beat.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 716
  • TVT_Blues.jpg
    TVT_Blues.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 715
Thx @gridno27 for the help on facebook and here !

As you can see, I am separating this TVT frameset because I have other projects to finance. It is on sale in the sales section.

So now, I'll present one of my other bikes, a spiral conic colnago from 1996 as me !

49429549861_a301e6f7b5_c.jpg

Its actually my winter training bike, really heavy compared to my ridley noah.

Re: TVT Carbon - Need informations

for me … it's clearly a TVT Beat, the simplest model of frame sets, which did under TVT label. It's build of the same lugs, which TVT used but with the lowest quality of
carbon fiber tubes and I am not sure but refer to the LOOK typical rear brake bridge I suspect that the TVT build in the workshop at LOOK Cycle and not
from T.V.T. Technique Vérre du Tissé. It's more remember to a LOOK KG 76 or 86, which build from TVT. Also normally the frame number under the BB shell has not the logic, which the original TVTs have.

TVT starts to build these bike after 1992 when the classic TVT92 Carbone ...HR or HM ... switched to the music labels Symphony, Rapsodie, Sonate
… here the pics out of 1993 TVT catalogue ranking from the top to the low in quality
Hello !

I am very new to this stuff, and I would like to thank you, @gridno27 because I think you helped me find my the frame of my bike !
I think it is a TVT Sonate ?

Attachments

• IMG_20200918_134627.jpg
    IMG_20200918_134627.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 22
..first look it looks like a simple Carbone ... above you can see that's the sides from latest TVT version catalogue after the expiry of Joint Venture between TVT and LOOK, when TVT commercialized the frame sets by themself before closed their production in Lyon

my knowledge is that SONATE correspondend to the simple CARBONE type

Edith means ... you should please remove this "made in Italy sticker" from this FRENCH lightweigt beauty

..first look it looks like a simple Carbone ... above you can see that's the sides from latest TVT version catalogue after the expiry of Joint Venture between TVT and LOOK, when TVT commercialized the frame sets by themself before closed their production in Lyon

my knowledge is that SONATE correspondend to the simple CARBONE type

Edith means ... you should please remove this "made in Italy sticker" from this FRENCH lightweigt beauty
Oh yeah, I will, I did not put it in the first place ! And it has an hybrid Shimano Campagnolo too... that's ugly :p

Hello !

I am very new to this stuff, and I would like to thank you, @gridno27 because I think you helped me find my the frame of my bike !
I think it is a TVT Sonate ?
of course this red one is a labeled CARINI TVT92 carbone - you need this white carbone decal set for it ... see pic of mine before restoration
$_20.jpg
and after finalizing including new TVT decals and Pinarello Gavia decal set
IMG_1350.JPG

Back