Tom Avon

Its Wheelset comprises of Super Record hubs and skewers laced to Mavic Championnat Du Monde Sur Route tubular rims.

IMG_9390.jpeg

I’ve cleaned up the rear rim and spokes, but not got round to cleaning or servicing the hub. It has a Shimano 600 close ratio freewheel, 13-17t.

IMG_9392.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9392.jpeg
    IMG_9392.jpeg
    585.9 KB · Views: 0
The use of 531sl tubing dates it to the late 70's early 80's, I believe 531sl was replaced by 531 Professional around about 1985. Beautiful Time Trialing frame well saved Sir.

I can’t claim to be overly knowledgeable about 70’s / 80’s Campagnolo kit so again, I would be interested if anyone can shed more light on these, were these typical 1980’s time trial kit?

My plan is to sympathetically clean and service all the components maintaining some of its 40+ years of patina and rebuild it back to as close as original 1980 as I can.

I can’t claim to be overly knowledgeable about 70’s / 80’s Campagnolo kit so again, I would be interested if anyone can shed more light on these, were these typical 1980’s time trial kit?

My plan is to sympathetically clean and service all the components maintaining some of its 40+ years of patina and rebuild it back to as close as original 1980 as I can.
This is all very high end TT kit, Super Record was the same as many Pro Riders were using at the time, the Shimano 600 freewheel was probably chosen as it had profiled teeth and would have given a smoother change.

Back