Tioga rims on DT Swiss Hugi 240 hubs

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Pair of nice lightweight wheels for sale

Tioga rims laced to DT Swiss Hugi 240 hubs

Rims have wear to the braking surface. Lots of wear.

Hubs are in good condition and smooth but would benefit from a service. Ratchet is nice and loud.

Front wheel is missing a spoke and has a slight wobble as such. Some spokes are silver rather than black. Rear wheel is true or just about. Overall they are ok but not perfect.

Weight is front - 640g and rear - 800g = 1440g pair

For comparison a pair of XTR on X517 weigh 710g and 900g = 1610g.

Price is £100 plus postage of £12 or can be collected from Chesterfield.

PayPal gift or cover fees please.

Re:

Before I strip hubs out of these anyone remotely interested?

Full wheels or hubs only

Sorry not a sale. Advice :)

This is a dilemma ive always faced but to remember that it costs to build a wheel, even if you are proficient in it yourself- spokes, time etc.

And the age old problem. Within a month of splitting them down you discover you need a set of wheels :LOL: Just did this to sell some hope XC hubs, then discovered a build and lo and behold - No wheels for it :facepalm:
Ended up donating the frame to charity, as it would just cost to much to have built wheels added to the total build costs..

Re:

To be honest it would be purely to sell. I’ve got wheels for my projects and these rims are quite worn and not my taste. Came off a bike I bought to donor a few bits and sell on.

I see the hubs selling for what I’ve got the wheels adverted for and less hassle for me boxing them. I hate boxing wheels so most sets I sell cheap locally.

The hubs are lovely. But the rims do nothing for me and I bet that’s the case for most folk.

Ps I’m terrible at trueing wheels so building them I’ll leave to the pros. I can make them round but they don’t stay that way lol

Re:

Are the hubs 32 or 36h? I’m looking for some 8sp 36h hubs at the moment but was waiting until something interesting came up, although I’d prefer a set of silver hubs to be honest.

Back