Threadless, aheadset, steerer tube extender.

grey-beard

Orange 🍊 Fan
Just a quick one to say that I was wanting to extend the 1" steerer on my Judy DH or should I say I have been looking for a longer steerer. In the mean time I was told about an extender from BBB by Hoppy. I bought one and it actually works! It's a bit long, I cut 10mm off the top, but if you steerer is a decent length and you want to add chunk to it, I would recommend them. Once fitted you can't see it at all.
The only issue I have is that my top cap now won't fit as the steerer is effectively thicker at the top so it wont sit flat, but a Lathe will sort that and you do get a crappy top cap with it.
I don't think it'll work with alloy steerers though, only steel as the alloy internal diameter will be too small.
Shop around for prices.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Been meaning to get one of those to play around with. I know some folks used them to convert threaded to threadless, whether that's safe or not I don't know. Good info about alloy steerer, probably explains the many negative reviews online where people complain about bad fit.

Yes it's not perfect, but if you have a fork which is difficult to get a longer steerer for, this may be a solution.
They do a 1 1/8" version too.

Back