This or this ?.

Havent done a test ride as bikes are thin on the ground and the focus they only had in medium or large. Basically I dont think it would make much difference as to needing a test ride and just about the same as any bike you buy. Overall size and adapt,adjust and fettle once you have it to the more individual fit.
Weights. Im about 80kg(about) bike is 24kg, which would leave 24kg for luggage if a camping run, or shopping or such, and 24kg is over 50lbs. Cant ever think ive had 50+lbs on a bike, any bike 🤨 so I reckon im within limits for anything id use it for. And even than, im not sure the limits are really limits, and what it equates to really is drain on the battery, in that for example if you get X range on eco, and youre over the limit by several kilos, then thats a case of effectively running it a setting above which would lower the range slightly, and i think it is slightly rather than significantly. Say for example again you get 80km on the 625w battery in eco. Over the limit that might drop to 70km or a wee bit less, so still plenty of range.
And theres not such that great a difference between 128kg and 135kg to make any significant impacts on what I could do on it.

I agree that normal bikes can be purchased without a test ride if you are confident in knowing the Geo you like. I’ve not ridden the last maybe 10 I’ve purchased but then again I usually decide what I want and buy within a short period.

However the motors have very different characters. I don’t own a ebike but ride with people who own them and they are very different in how they work and produce the assistance.

Not sure thats wholly an accurate way of thinking about it, and admittedly wtf do i know, ive yet to ride one either 🤔 :LOL:
The assistance provided is best described as a multiplication of the effort you put into it. So base setting is eco, which is 2x the input, next up is 3x the input and so on and so forth.
So me plugging up a hill on 2x, the difficulty to my system(read: knackers old legs) is halved.

But all that aside, and the assistance provided on a focus on eco, is probably going to be the exact same as the assistance provided on bike A,B, or C or in this case the scott.I don't see it being that much different between brands all sharing the same bosch motor
The only difference is something called mtb mode, which is apparently like an automatic gearbox, but I'll find out what that feels like in the real world aspect when I get it and play about with the system settings.

As to choosing between motors if thats what you mean. My only choice would be Bosch, arrived at by researching what motor is best and Bosch appears to stand out there as the best and most reliable, though I'm sure we could look up problems with them, as we could on any other motor make, but my research puts Bosch in the top tier, and the bike shop of choice is only prepared to deal in bikes which use Bosch motors, again hence me picking them over any of the other dozen or so shops in Glasgow and the surrounding area.
Ride characteristics are as you've pointed out based upon the geometry of the frame, but again there is there really that much of a difference between one all mountain bike and another 🤨 but for me to know that, I'd have to try every E all mountain frame and be skilled enough and experienced enough to understand subtle differences, and im not.
Ebikes for testing are thin on the ground, and the pandemic isnt helping getting any sort of testing on the whole
TBH I reckon it will be fine.

Trust me , the motors from different brands are different in how they work.

Last week I had a quick go on both the EP8 and Bosch and they are entirely different in how they assist. I had a very strong preference after about 10 seconds.

Well, I am now the proud owner of a Scott E-ride genius 920 and it is amazing. Hills are a breeze and what was a slog has become an enjoyable adventure.
First try today, a gentle journey given the brakes arent settled, and bars and saddle need a bit of adjustment, but used the tour setting, starts at eco,tour is 2nd. Incredible, more fun than a barrel of coke and hookers.

Let’s see it then!
This is what the model I got looks like. Identical.
It rides very well I must say, no sketchy moments, motor on hills is such a breeze i'm sorry I didnt buy one sooner.
Suspension eats up everything. Some obstruction, I think Can i clear that ? and boomp over it rolls.

Attachments

• Scott Genius 930.jpg
    Scott Genius 930.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 8
Back