Things which were made of cheese. The nightmare recalled.

Suntour xc seatpost bolt; the rear one which is a proprietary bolt that can´t be replaced at any hardware store, is easily rounded by your hx wrench.

Not even fully vintage, but a pair of first gen White industries ENO cranks and ring. The things must have missed some heat treatment step or something, like room temperature butter.

The ring lasted one ride, looked fully shark toothed and trashed. Cranks could easily be pushed too far onto BB spindle with very little torque. Also weirdly tight pedal threads that I may have had to tap out right away.

M7 bolts ??? Why oh why M7 bolts especially ones made of cheese which rounded or that had a very special coating that made them look like they had been submerged in salt water for 400 years after the slightest damp ride.

Re Tioga disc drive - I never understood the appeal or function of them, nor the muddy fox plastic wheel cover. Riding on the top of the South Downs there was constant side wind even on a seemingly static summer day, and when a hooley was on, you had to lean at 45 degrees to make progress in a straight line, and I once experienced moving a metre sideways whilst doing the most modest of bunny hops. Now, imagine what all that would be like if you made your rear wheel into a sail…..

Re Tioga disc drive - I never understood the appeal or function of them, nor the muddy fox plastic wheel cover. Riding on the top of the South Downs there was constant side wind even on a seemingly static summer day, and when a hooley was on, you had to lean at 45 degrees to make progress in a straight line, and I once experienced moving a metre sideways whilst doing the most modest of bunny hops. Now, imagine what all that would be like if you made your rear wheel into a sail…..
But they sound amaaaaaaaaazing ;)

Back