The next 'big freeze'

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Phillip Eden is a pretty good independent weather forecaster and last night gave out a warning that the midlands area could go as low as minus 15 to minus 20 over the weekend nights.

Lag your exposed pipework and wrap up!

Where is he making this warning? What are the actual wind speeds he is talking about?

I have spent nights in the hills with low temps compounded by high winds.

How many days is he predicting such lows, just the weekend?

Boats are only just moving again today. Still loads of ice on the cut.

Not again! I want to go and visit my dad. :(

My father works on the norfolk broads and at the moment they are supposed to be painting all the cruisers up for next year,above barton broad on the river ant,the ice was still two inches thick and more in places,they were trying to break it up with a 40lb mud weight and it would not go through the ice :shock: so he got a week off and full pay too :cool: :D

Well it certainly looks like there may be some low temps coming.

With wind chill it might even get near those rather sensational predictions.

Has anyone noticed the weather forecasters now tend to overestimate the weather, so they don't get caught out again, perhaps to keep them safe from litigation if someone comes unstuck and tries to sue the forecasters. Don't laugh, someone will have a go, if they have not done so already. Stupid society.

They have been doing it for a few years,I can remember when I worked for s services about 5/6 years ago,that schools would be closed for a warning of 4 inches of snow,and everytime you would get about 2mm it is pathetic I tell yee :LOL:

When I were t'lad we used to be made to go out at break time in three foot of snow and stand there shivering until we all had pneumonia :LOL: :LOL:

seriously though kids dont know they are born,easy exams,antibacterial sprays,no immune systems is the effect of that :roll:

I could go on but hey....its christmas :xmas-wink:

Back