Events The First Old World Mountain Bike Championships, Bergen (NH), Holland – September 4/5th, 2009

owmtblogo.jpg

The first Old World Mountain Bike Championships are to be held in Bergen (NH), 40 minutes north of Amsterdam, Holland, this September.

A group of vintage mountain bike enthusiasts have come together to organise a weekend of retro bike activities, designed to crown the first Old World Mountain Bike Champions. All racers will have to use mountain bikes built before 1995, with extra points gained for original features including cantilever brakes and skinwall tyres!

As committed restorers and riders of classic machinery including Klein, Fat Chance, Overbury’s and Orange, the group recognised that, despite the growth of interest in such historic and important brands, there were no activities or races dedicated to the early days of mountain biking.

The organisers will deliver a challenging cross country course that won’t damage those precious bikes, a crazy retro bike fashion show, along with a novel twist on trials riding for all participants – strong interest is expected from across the globe to crown the first Old World champions – so get your old school bike dusted down pronto and head for Holland!

Check http://www.owmtbc.org for more details.

In the title and throughout the article Bergen is mentioned. This is indeed 40 minutes (I guess) north of Amsterdam.
In the first line Bergen op Zoom is mentioned. That's a different place, around 1.5 hours south of Amsterdam.

Just make sure you're in the right one!

Bergen is Dutch for 'mountains' by the way...not that we have any :)

Maikel, yep, that one!

Get 'em to screen Klunkerz there, guys! That would be SWEET!
Ride on,
Billy
www.klunkerz.com

HI, I am looking for an elastomer kit for my Manitou Sport Suspension Fork, bought in Spain, year 1992. Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot in advance.

Back