The British bike thread

So defensive and tense. I think we need to investigate whether or not these bicycles truly spark joy, if they're merely giving you stress and anxiety, perhaps it is best to consider a friendly departure? Declutter.

View attachment 825416

NO!

I am not stressed (twitch) or tense (nervous tic) in any way. Furthermore I have instructed my gamekeepers to shoot on sight if they see you hanging around the tent again.

My favourite British bike: a mid-eighties(?) Roy Thame touring bike. Bought it as a bare frameset and built with some of my favourite parts.

db9b8953-24b0-40b3-981e-4973f32fa61d.jpg

A very rusty 1976 Raleigh Super Course MkII. These get good reviews on American forums, but were never sold here in Holland, I believe. So when an American import popped up for sale locally in my size, I decided my life would not be complete without it. :)

A very labour-intensive project I still need to finish.

5aef381e-1ee2-4a03-a254-b4c9896dd867.jpg

Here is some very british classic time trial home movie action. The 1978 TT champs for men and women. The age of drillium, 2000psi tubs, cups of tea from before the phrase 'HOW MUCH!?!' was invented, cool cars that looked different to each other, and all filmed on something that would have weighed 20kgs. Chapeau that man!

Back