The anti Klein brigade.

in fairness I guess the "peripheral" fork in the pic posted above was just tooo strong for the frame,
Great comment!
I agree 100%. The reason the weak & poor Klein frame at the race cracked was because the fork was according to member fguki a "peripheral" Kona Track Two fork. So now we finally found that apparently Klein frames with "non peripheral" forks didn't crack, while Klein frames with "peripheral" forks cracked all the time.
Member fguki has finally solved the mystery of the cracking Kleins!
We should nominate him to be introduced into the MTB Hall of Fame, as his eloquent way of arguing about peripheral issues, such a peripheral bike parts (a.k.a forks) is truly out of this world and impressive!
Let's hold a serious vote about his introduction into the Hall of Fame in Fairfax, CA!

Last edited:
Great comment!
I agree 100%. The reason the weak & poor Klein frame at the race cracked was because the fork was according to member fguki a "peripheral" Brodie Gatorblade fork. So now we finally found that apparently Klein frames with "non peripheral" forks didn't crack, while Klein frames with "peripheral" forks cracked all the time.
Member fguki has finally solved the mystery of the cracking Kleins!
We should nominate him to be introduced into the MTB Hall of Fame, as his eloquent way of arguing about peripheral issues, such a peripheral bike parts (a.k.a forks) is truly out of this world and impressive!
Let's hold a serious vote about his introduction into the Hall of Fame in Fairfax, CA!
To be fair, its not a Brodie Gatorblade fork attached to the Klein with the broken frame, its a Kona Track Two, by the look of it a Warranty replacement too, as they were a little notorious themselves for failures. Not wishing to be pedantic you understand.

VTT magazine october 1990
A Klein on the Grundig World Cup
All bikes and all material could break. In the picture I have found, the Klein should crash into a tree and even if the bike was in carbon, titanium steel… the terrible front impact would destroy it :oops:.
The article speaks about first Grundig world Cup and the Klein was used in downhill.

Back