The anti Klein brigade.

I think it's envy or jealousy that most people have an issue with Kleins. Yeah bought & ridden bitd by people with plenty of funds. The paint jobs may be marmite, but you can't deny they were a fantastic ambassadorial product for our hobby.
Quite frankly, thinking of what the UK had to offer, no one made anything that could match the unique appeal that a Klein had. And despite me being very fond of handbuilt steel frames, alu is harder to work with so I don't really agree with statements that alu is inferior or lesser than something made of Reynolds gas pipe.
I'm not saying Klein's were the best, just glad my eyes were graced to see a few bitd.

I came from the era where CNC and hand-built bikes were all the rage.
I was fortunate to be there. Klein and other makes like Cannondale, Yeti, Merlin and others were making works of art.
Klein more so and the price of the bikes reflected that too.
I have one sitting behind me as I type and they are stunning in detail and workmanship.

I don't know why people hate on them.

I don't like Aluminium frames, unless they're fully suspended, which is why I don't generally have any hankering for a Klein.

I hate them because all my grandparents were mowed down by a Klein mounted cyclist and killed instantly. He was on the way to do an emergency root canal and my elderly forebears had just lined up to do a traditional Scandinavian Christmas chain dance outside the roasted almond stall at the market. I'll never forget the trail of guts and gore left behind, my grandpa's dentures lodged between the spokes and my granny's brain mass working as an avant-garde splatter paint upon the near mint Klein paint job.

I'm sorry I need a moment.

Yeh I would say it’s not the bikes fault at all, not really my thing but they all look mostly amazing ect it’s just the dentists that bought them and the strange behaviour of a few that end up giving certain brands and other things a bad name, it’s kind of inside out and backwards with Carreras constantly get asked for fkng Carreras, Carreras Carreras Carreras every size of Carreras did I say Carreras have you got any Carreras I mean I would never dare buy a reasonably priced second hand bike from a propa recognised brand for cheaper even if it’s way better spec’d cheaper and will likely last longer I just want a Carrera

I’ll admit to owning one, built on a tight budget and yes I do ride it. Again I’ll admit, only taken out on nice days. Work of art and rides great! But I do have other bikes that cost less and in my eyes look just as good and ride just as well but different. I don’t hate any bike, each to their own.

Back