Tektro RBP Brakes Connect Cable

npn

Retro Guru
I can't figure out how to properly connect the cable to the levers? There's a nut that spins freely with hole in the middle and that's it. I suppose the cable goes in but it can't be properly secured, if at all.

20220403_155726.jpg 20220403_155710.jpg

I have no experience with those brakes, but I’d imagine you thread the cable though the hole, hold the nut in place with a spanner, and clamp the cable with the grub screw.

it seems that is hard to find pictures of that brakes, especially mounted.

This one is currently on sale in ebay
tektro RBP V-brake purple ebay.jpg

and there is one in BMXmuseum
tektro RBP V-brake bmxmuseum.jpg

Based on those pictures it looks to me that the cable has to go simply straight through the hole in the nut.
tektro RBP V-brake red RBUK_LI.jpg

The small grub screw for an allen key in the nut is certainly to tight the cable (like in a cable hanger)
tektro RBP V-brake red RBUK_LI 2.jpg

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Its a floating cable clamp. As others have said, spanner/socket on the back to hold it still then an allen key to tighten. Supposed to improve the action/feel of the brake.

Yes I figured that part out eventually/with help of others.

The other thing - the levers have no stop pins, or whatever you call those... that go in the little holes next to the brake bosses. So the way I achieved the desired outcome is - tightened the boss bolts enough and the with a wrench I adjusted the tension thing which sits between the lever and the brake boss.

Back