Team marin........

Tootyred

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hard to say. It is the same colour as my ‘96 Team.. but mine has matt rather than gloss paint finish, plus head tube cable stops..

Strange how corrosion has only seriously effected the area directly over the frame number....could be from the chain, but how many times does it need to come off before it gets that bad or you think " hummm, maybe my bike needs something doing to it.....the chain keeps falling off.

Hate to think what his spokes and rear derailleur look like..:oops:

Could be a team, but pre 92.
That serial has been filed away. To be neatly gone you would have to pedal backwards, without the real wheel installed, a million times....the chances..

Anyhoo, id walk away as, even if there's a team hiding under there....alot of work to be done not knowing if the sestpost/BB will come out. Any more nasties?
If the seatpost is a daft 30.xxxmm size, it may be a 1991 team?

If its pre 92, its got some weird forks going on too.! Also wernt pre 92s 2 on the top cable wise? Unless its an import.

I would probably say no....stuck post, paintjob, no serial number, wrong forks....but it could be a team frame.....or a palisades!

'Chain wear' isnt on the driveside, either.
Or do I have it wrong?

There are nods to early 90's with the plastic n metal sestpost quick release, 2 spanner bottom bracket etc. But it could be owt.

Even the humble palisades has the tube bulge.

Screenshot_20220115-171358_Gallery.jpg

The 91 has a kalloy seat clamp and a black seat post. That would be my guess.

Forks certainly strange. Could be anything but a titanium, but the xt headset does point to a team.

Yes your right....the chain wear is on the non drive side!

Its defo 91 or after as its got afterburners and cast dropouts.

Back