Tamiya RC Cars

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Re:

It'll probably be a Schumacher then mate! They did plenty of ace cars bitd like the Pro-Cat. Think their 2wd was the Cougar? :?
 

My_Teenage_Self

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I jus dun got me one of these, Y'all...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB8fJZKz9uc[/youtube]

1/8th scale... and ferocious.
 

drcarlos

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My_Teenage_Self":s813izlc said:
I jus dun got me one of these, Y'all...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB8fJZKz9uc[/youtube]

1/8th scale... and ferocious.

Used to love my 1/8th scale nitro buggy it was a riot, but it was so big, heavy and powerful I got fearful of running it anywhere where there was the chance of general public being around. I'm not so bothered with the 1/10th scale stuff as it's quite a lot lighter and smaller. I just wanted something I could run anytime I fancied rather than having to go on a mission to run it. It's a hobby that has to fit in around the busy family life and other activities although I may try and get to the local astro buggy track over the winter this year so my boys can race again.
 

mattr

Old School Grand Master
Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2e626jx9 said:
It'll probably be a Schumacher then mate!
not necessarily, Schumacher pins and spikes are control tyres for many leagues/events.
I've never bought a schumacher and I've got about 15 sets of them.......
 

My_Teenage_Self

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
drcarlos":byh3gpfq said:
Used to love my 1/8th scale nitro buggy it was a riot, but it was so big, heavy and powerful I got fearful of running it anywhere where there was the chance of general public being around. I'm not so bothered with the 1/10th scale stuff as it's quite a lot lighter and smaller. I just wanted something I could run anytime I fancied rather than having to go on a mission to run it. It's a hobby that has to fit in around the busy family life and other activities although I may try and get to the local astro buggy track over the winter this year so my boys can race again.

Aye, Agree with you there, luckily, we live in the forest :)

Plus, I've an HPI firestorm too!
 

Retro junkie

Retro Guru
Re:

started off with a hornet back in 89 used to knock about with a couple of lads who both had hot shot 2s which were a little better than my hornet.
still have the hornet in the shed just needs a speed controller. then went onto the glow fuel cars,think the two i had were called thunder tiger eb4s which were crazy.
also still have a traxxas bandit still in the box like new. also have a fwd vw beetle that you got if you bought a brand new beetle at the time, that came off a guy at chelford car boot who worked for vw and i think helped himself to a dozen or so kits.

also have a very nice old electric 4wd delt driven off roader with a lot of nice purple ano hop up parts but dont know what it is. this also came from a local car boot. sadly none of them get used any more :cry:
 

kase1983

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Re:

hey all

Anyone fancy putting this lot back together for me?

not used since about 1992 maybe?

i think i can make 1 good from from both piles.

maybe one day ill figure it all out.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2299.JPG
    IMG_2299.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 3,609

M-Power

Old School Grand Master
Re: Re:

kase1983":1dbkuz2z said:
hey all

Anyone fancy putting this lot back together for me?

not used since about 1992 maybe?

i think i can make 1 good from from both piles.

maybe one day ill figure it all out.

Niiiice.... :cool: I have dedicated boxes of stuff for mine. Sure its all
corroded now. Spent most of my car cleaning money down in Camden Models in Parkway and the other shop in Finchley. Cucling down to Crystal Palace for the RC racing. Happy days.
 

Tricky1977

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Sorry for the bad photos, I had a midnight pumpkin back in the day which I used to race every Sunday.
So in memory of that I recently bought and built this Lunchbox which is essentially the same model
 

Attachments

  • 4E8B327E-1218-4CD3-BA3F-BAA5AC90E059.jpeg
    4E8B327E-1218-4CD3-BA3F-BAA5AC90E059.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 2,384
  • F2826E87-CD65-4B5B-B607-2AF893CBA8E8.jpeg
    F2826E87-CD65-4B5B-B607-2AF893CBA8E8.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 2,384

widowmaker

Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Tricky1977":3pb9l0ah said:
Sorry for the bad photos, I had a midnight pumpkin back in the day which I used to race every Sunday.
So in memory of that I recently bought and built this Lunchbox which is essentially the same model

Nice :cool:

I had a Tamiya Monster Beetle and a Hornet, I bought them but myDad had to build them for me as I lacked patience :facepalm:

Even bought a racing battery which lasted a whopping 8 mins if I remember correctly.
 
Top