Syncros Revolution spider bolts

lockedmyselfout

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I Have a set of revolution cranks winging their way to me. Alas there are no spider bolts present, can anyone enlighten me as to what bolt dimensions and thread pitch I should be looking out for in order to get them up and running?
Many thanks

I might be able to hook you up with a set of those. I purchased a set of Revos a while ago and they came with the original bolts, however in the process of refurbishing them I noticed that the pillock previous owner reamed out the holes in the spider and power disc to accept regular bolts (poorly done too). After messing around with the parts I managed to get the parts to fit halfway decent (had to re-anodize the spider), so long story short: I do have a set of Syncros Revolution bolts that I don't need.
Let me know if you want them (I'm in the US).

Re:

Thats a kind offer. I'll drop you a line when mine land, I had better wait and see if mine is shafted first!
I've never looked too closely at a set, am I right in thinking there is something oddball about them?

oddball in which sense? The early ones that were a thinner gauge (but lighter) were known to break on occasion, the later ones (thicker material) were more or less bulletproof. I've had a set for years on my trail bike and never had any issues with them (mine were the latter ones, you can tell the early ones from the later ones apart by looking at the finish: the early ones were shiny black, the later ones were a matte black finish insofern they're the original paint). The second set I have are repainted so I don't know if they're the early ones or not (however there's some rust particles on the loose inside them, one can hear that when moving them around, makes me kind of queasy riding them but they're not on the bike yet so I'll see down the road)...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back