Syncros Revolution Cranks + Specialites TA CR's (all SOLD)

MKAB

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hello,

I got a set of Syncros Revolution Cranks for sale: 175mm, Compact Drive, original matt black finish
with (optional) matching black Specialites TA chainrings (7075 T-6 Aluminium, 44, 34, 24 teeth).

They had a special place in my vitrine/shrine and I thought I'd keep them there forever. But needs must, so here we go :(

These were sold to me as 'NOS', only been mounted on a show bike with no pedals ever attached (and never used).
Neither did I ever use them, just mounted a set of matching chainrings and off it went into the showcase...
The cranks look(ed) brandnew with only 2 tiny chip marks where the inner bolts of the spider/powerplate are a bit difficult to reach.
Also tiny marks where the chainrings were mounted. The cranks are not re-powdered or anything!
Since they came without the specific bolts I had to dig up a used set which look quite badly abused but still function properly.

Wanted to either sell as a set with the new and never used chainrings or seperately.
However, when I dismounted the chainrings today I saw a tiny hairline crack at one hole of the powerplate!

I was (and still am) gutted :cry:
Thought I'd put 'em up as almost NOS here for 400+ Euros but now everything's changed...

I never used the cranks so I got no idea, how this happened... If I hadn't decided to sell seperately perhaps noone had ever noticed.
But better now, before the sale, than afterwards!

It is a very small hairline crack which does not look as if it is completely through. The powerplate still appears to be solid at that spot.
I tried to capture everything from every angle on photo. If you need photos with higher resolution or from different angles please let me know.

For my part I propably would drill a small hole where the crack is to stop it from expanding any further. This will not be visible when the bolts and spider are mounted. Or perhaps just leave it like that. I am no expert but seriously don't think this will cause any problems stability- and/or usabilitywise (unless you weigh 100+ Kg). After all it's a 5-arm crank and the powerdisc spider plus the distance washer clamp the powerplate from both sides.

I honestly have no idea what to say pricewise :oops:
This crank is still a very beautiful and rare part for any cherished retro project. Due to the hairline crack it might be better used on a shiny show bike though. Even if you had to invest, say 50 Euros, to get it repaired it still would be a bargain for a otherwise nice and very hard to find crankset...

For the Syncros Revolution cranks I suggest 279 Euros paypaled and shipped* but am open to reasonable offers.

SOLD for 250€, THANKS

The Specialites TA chainrings are new and retail for 100+ Euros. I'm looking for 75 shipped*.
Complete set (cranks & chainrings) for 340 Euros*.

*To most european countries. That means 15 Euros for s&h included. Please ask if you're not sure.

UPDATE: Everything's SOLD, THANKS

If this is complete b*ll*ks please correct me.

I'd like the cranks to be sold before selling the chainrings seperately to give ppl a chance for the complete set :cool:

I got nothing to hide here:
please look at the many and very detailed Photos in my Picasa album: http://bit.ly/iNRRDI
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me.
I try to answer asap, but sometimes have to work late.

I may be new here but can supply numerous references upon request.
I got a 100% positive eBay feedback with 250+ transactions for instance.

Attachments

• SyncrosRevo_compact_07LQ.jpg
    SyncrosRevo_compact_07LQ.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,554
  • SyncrosRevo_compact_04LQ.jpg
    SyncrosRevo_compact_04LQ.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,554
I also might be interested in a partly trade.
Still looking for a black syncros 27.2 x 425 or a black setback RaceFace XY 27.2 x 400 seatpost :D

I've got a silver 400mm 0 degree XY seatpost (NOS). PM me and maybe we can work something out.

Hi, can you show or point the area where you seen the Crack?

Any other desired parts for that partial swap if possible?

Thanks

nogueira.nuno":235tvei0 said:
Hi, can you show or point the area where you seen the Crack?

Any other desired parts for that partial swap if possible?

Thanks

I'm glad you ask. It's obviously so small, you can't really see it ;)
Ooh, okay, in that superzoom image it looks like the Grand Canyon though...

As for the swaps: please give me some time to think about that...
Or PM me with what you got in mind?

Attachments

• SyncrosRevo_compact_37_detail.jpg
    SyncrosRevo_compact_37_detail.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,412
Hmm, I somehow think that the link to my album is not working?
Still no views of any photo there with 250 views here, keep getting PM'ed for photos?

I uploaded a huge overview picture of all the photos :) maybe this helps?
Click on it and then right-click to "open image in new window" to view full size.

I looked at them all. Very nice photographs of a very nice set of cranks with a very unfortunate little crack. Some of those photos could have been marketing material BITD.

All PMs replied.

Syncros Revolution crank set SOLD pending payment.

I will update the actual sale price when I received the payment.

Many THANKS for your interest and your offers :D

Back