Suspension Corrected Rigid Forks

pw_pw_la

Senior Retro Guru
THESE were just posted, and got me thinking...

What are the options for early-to-mid 90s suspension corrected forks?

I know there's the P2, or you could be loaded with buckets to spare and get yourself a Type II Potts. But any others?

Straight leg, ideally.

Something by Ritchey would be ideal, thinking about it. But what was available back then, and is there anything nice and still available now?

Kona P2 or salsa cromoto were good options.

I believe Soma still make some at 440mm, much cheaper in the u.s. than the uk too!

Also carver make a straight set at 410mm, which are cheaper, if still available.

However, neither are exactly light at around 1100g a pop. Compared to a pair of marin 750g (yep i have never had a pair that actually weighed anything like that either) rockstars.

Straight leg is a tougher challenge, as you mention, deep pockets and $$$.
But there is hope. I can vouch for 1996/7 marin rockstar as um sure 97 were sus corrected with manitou as a catalogue option. Maybe 410mm...there abouts?
Not straight leg but look ok.

The old 89/90 Raleigh techniums had a nice kona-style fork. Straight too! If you can find the tight model, say 'heat'.

Kingoffootball.# On here has some, bought from me, those are the ones!

#huge hull KR fan. 😉.

20210912_132008.jpg

Straight leg is a tougher challenge, as you mention, deep pockets and $$$.
But there is hope. I can vouch for 1996/7 marin rockstar as um sure 97 were sus corrected with manitou as a catalogue option. Maybe 410mm...there abouts?
Not straight leg but look ok.

The old 89/90 Raleigh techniums had a nice kona-style fork. Straight too! If you can find the tight model, say 'heat'.

Kingoffootball.# On here has some, bought from me, those are the ones!

#huge hull KR fan. 😉.

View attachment 569433
Despite coming from Hull, I categorically deny being a fan of any Hull-based sporting teams!

That straight Raleigh fork rides really nicely on my single speed, thank you, but it's not suspension corrected. I also have the curved Raleigh fork from the previous year on The Chill.

A really nice straight fork which are not expensive, but harder to find are the Dawes ones - I have a later 653 one on my Richter 8.0 but I can't remember what the A-C is on it. Maybe about 420mm? I also have an earlier 531 Dawes fork, but that's definitely 395mm.

If you've got the time and money - a dekerf tuning fork - $1000 CAD..

Got one coming in a few weeks after waiting nearly a year for it to be built.

Pace RC 31 Ti version. I had one on a sus corrected 94 Yo. Crazy light, stiff, tracked perfectly and so smooth to ride. Sorry i sold it but I sold that frame.

Sorry, been away riding bikes for a few days! ;)

Thanks for all your replies gents.

Legends as always.

*Opens successive Google search browser tabs.

I saw that late Fat Chance had geometry corrected rigid forks in mid-late 90s frames...

Does anyone know a similar: suspension corrected rigid forks with stright blades and Struts crown?

Basically like the yellow haha

Attachments

• 1640773709792.png
    1640773709792.png
    874.2 KB · Views: 13
Had I known Salsa Cromotos would turn into jewel encrusted rocking horse sh!t I would never have sold mine... Ah hindsight...

Back