Sunn bmix 1999 project

How does it handle with 100mm forks? Im just in the process of rebuilding mine and was thinking of having 2 fork options, one for commuting (the original rigid forks) and one for at the bmx track (was pondering over 80mm or 100mm sus forks). Also what did you use to make the bulge in the logo?
Cheers

andyparle":3a4gecby said:
How does it handle with 100mm forks? Im just in the process of rebuilding mine and was thinking of having 2 fork options, one for commuting (the original rigid forks) and one for at the bmx track (was pondering over 80mm or 100mm sus forks). Also what did you use to make the bulge in the logo?
Cheers

It slackens the head angle a little and raises the front end quite nicely, I always believe that the front end was to low on these it was lower than my bmx with the original forks and bars.
As for the bulge search dome stickers on google but you will have to laminate them in the sticker as they struggle to bend and stick to the curvature of the frame.

Ive got a lovely old pair of talas that I might stick on her (85-125mm adjustable, so ill defo find a sweet spot with these). How much would you charge for a set of decals?

p.s yours is cetainly a lovely looking beast, definitley has given me a boost too resurect mine to a good standard.

andyparle":epw461si said:
Ive got a lovely old pair of talas that I might stick on her (85-125mm adjustable, so ill defo find a sweet spot with these). How much would you charge for a set of decals?

I love to stick a pair of fox on mine I think they are a great looking fork.
I have pm'd you about the decals.

Awesome
I think I sold you that frame on eBay (the price and condition sound about right). I bought it years ago with the intention of restoring it but I never got round to it and it just sat in the shed getting filthy.
I'm so excited someone's actually made something of it.
Looks really good, nice work!

Back