Sun or Carlton?

chickendrumsticks

Senior Retro Guru
I wonder, did Carlton ever feature this on any of their frames? The frame is badged Carlton.

Or could it be a Sun Manxman as the seller suggests? I'm watching this.

Attachments

• manxman..JPG
    manxman..JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 465
Seen those on really old Manx an frames but don't recall on Carlton. Headbadge holes might give a clue?

Midlife":20cpvorm said:
Seen those on really old Manx an frames but don't recall on Carlton. Headbadge holes might give a clue?

There's a Carlton sticker on the head tube so can't see any badge holes. Why would this be significant if I may ask?

Sun headbadge holes are in the middle top and bottom, carlton are left and right of the middle, if that makes sense.

Not sure myself but if you do facebook you could stick it on the Carlton group page.
Same suspects as here plus lots of other opinions as well ;)

If not I can ask for you if you like.

Jamie

Hill Special did a frame like this too

Rod-Boot.jpg

this has just popped up

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks both. No FB here though. It's badged as a Corsa too, which it clearly ain't - no mudguard eyes and looks much closer clearances. IIRC the Corsa was quite relaxed geometry. Praps you'd ask plse Jamie?
That Hill looks interesting but my guess it's quite a bit older judging by the mudguard eyes and the clip headset.
Thanks again

Andy
You're ahead of me as usual LGF! It is the Carlton one...I have liking for unusual or rarer frames.

Ive seen a few odd ball Carlton frames with less than common frame features, however Ive never seen the strut set up shown in the first picture. Sun Manxman would seem the best bet. The last picture of the 'Corsa' is just nonsense!

Latest posts

Back