stratos helix shock

toymotor

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Having a clear out and I found a shock I forgot I had. Stratos helix looks in very good condition holds air and no leaks. Not sure what year and its adjustable which means its hard to measure. Anybody know anything about these shocks priced at £60.
circa 2000 Fox float R good condition (a couple of lacquer rubs) no history its working.

Cheers contact me on
toy-motor@hotmail.co.uk

Attachments

• 2020-03-11 21_49_32-stratos helix1 - Windows Photo Viewer.jpg
    2020-03-11 21_49_32-stratos helix1 - Windows Photo Viewer.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 391
  • 2020-03-11 21_49_56-stratos helix2 - Windows Photo Viewer.jpg
    2020-03-11 21_49_56-stratos helix2 - Windows Photo Viewer.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 394
Re:

Did bait of net research. Most charted the demise of stratos at the hands of specialized and patent wars. Shock reputation was checkered at best by the looks of it. I've got a mint xc pro air shock which looks and works great despite some of the things I've read.

Cant help more than that I'm afraid.

Re:

Actually really nice shocks. Fitted one to my GT STS back in 98 as I couldn’t get hold a firmer fox springs. One of the few shocks back then that came with a trunnion.
Air spring was there to supplement coil for different rider weights. Mine has rebound and compression adjustment.

My guess is it’s 98-00. Prices is what ever someone wants to pay for it. Not much though I would guess. .

Re: stratos helix shock any info?

Its a retro shock in very good condition considering the year, I'll ask £60 and see how I go, thanks for the advice.

Back