STOLEN - a load of Archie Wilkinson speedway bikes - Sheffie

LittleSkink

Retro Guru
I am part of Sheffield Cycle Kids Speedway club and we have just had our bike store done over - the perps have stolen most of our bikes 26" and 700C single speed bikes

Archie Wilkinsons rarely come up for sale so if you see one please let me know

Sorry to hear that, have you got any pics of the bikes stolen?

Mark

Thought I would update on this as a few people have been in touch through here and other forums to find out what has happened

We actually got a few of the full size Archie Wilkinson bikes back, they look quite distinctive with swept back bars, no gears and no brakes - so the police actually recovered a 8 or 9 (and we club members got 1 or 2 too). The bikes run weird 590 size wheels and all manner of non standard parts which possibly helped.

The smaller 20" wheel ones didn't come back, probably because they look a bit more like a normal bike and run standard size bits - I am currently waiting on local bike shops/charities that take in donated bikes to see if we can build up 3 or 4 of these again. The kids club used to use these a lot, the younger ones on 16" wheel bikes bring their own bike and then need to borrow a "proper" bike with no brakes to progress

So not a happy ending, but not a complete disaster for the club either
https://www.facebook.com/sheffieldcyclespeedway/

Back