State of the industry: a running thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have said my formal goodbyes to wiggle / crc. I trawled the website trying to find that one last purchase, almost everything I looked for was out of stock - except........... cheapo brand x saddles, which are not too heavy and I find quite comfortable.

So I added 2 to basket, then spotted I needed another £5 spend for free delivery. So now I have 3 saddles (a lifetimes worth) heading my way.

And as a bonus, none of us will have to listen to engineers and software managers banging on about how they've linked their power meters up to their strava feeds on their horrible plastic tribikes👌
Nah, I’ll still be here, though I don’t have a plastic tribike nor power meter, but I do have a Strava, if that helps. 🙂

So I added 2 to basket, then spotted I needed another £5 spend for free delivery. So now I have 3 saddles (a lifetimes worth) heading my way.
You need to keep your eyes open and check on a daily basis.

There were some Hope pro5 non boost wheels going for £61 rear, and I got a pro5 rear 29er(148x12 boost) for £216, which is a good 80 quid saving.
A chap on STW picked up a pair of Zipp 1Zero Hitop 30mm, Carbon wheels for £286 inc post. Those retail at £1100,
The other day there were lyrik ultimate's for £299, a smattering of Fox factories at under £399. I got a 27.5" fox factory 36 for £280.

And of course the Buzzbike ebike for £479 instead of £1250+

Admittedly it's all waning a bit now, buit if you are prepared to go through it all, you'll do better than just a couple of saddles.

Buffalo clothing is cheap at Wiggle some ladies shirts @90 quid,so about 1/2 price. That would make a nice gift for the SOH if she's the outdoorsey type.

A lot of thev quality branded stuff is marked "out of stock" because the rightful owners have taken it back🤣

I love the way it says "new stock expected soon"

If you spoke that, it would be a lie, but because it's online it just hasn't been updated

I always use the 'in stock' filter to save much disappointment; though they still lead you up the garden path sometimes showing prices for out of stock items. Grrrhhh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back