Spring or Elastomer?

Takeo

Dirt Disciple
I got old manitou 2 for my new build, but it is not good at working all...

Does anyone know which to choose spring or elastomer to replace and where can I buy it?

To be honest, springs will turn them in to a pogo stick, you’ll be best off with new elastomers.

there are a couple of companies that make replacements, but I can’t for the life of me remember any names :rolleyes:

Google it, you’ll find some.

I doubt that! I found springs to be absolutely best! They will last like forever and feel absolutely perfect! Elastomers change feel with heat and cold. After some years they need another replacement. Even (or especially) if you havent used them in a time.

I developed and produce the professional re-build spring kits Made in Germany. Feel free to contact me with further question!

Cheers

IMG_7396 13.11.02.jpeg

IMG_7393.jpeg

I've gone for these,currently on their way to me;
Have good reports,apparently an improvement on original elastomers. 👍
There are others producing replacement elastomers on here if that's what you decide.

I have put spings in one fork and feels quite weird without a rebound control. The elastomers feels better.

I´m going to order some fress elastomers for my Mach 5 to test ... if the price is not high with taxes (from UK to continental EU).

Let us know how you get on with them, might invest in a set for mine
It may take me a few weeks to get the first build finished but I'll post when I've tried them out.Admittedly I've never ridden elastomer forks so i won't be the best person to judge,but from what I've read the feedback all looks very positive.

Elastomers are rubbish, and they've always been the rubbish choice since day 1 of sus forks coming in.
We tried everything to try to make them more compliant bitd. From pre bike forum mutterings between riders you knew, a kind of grapevine talk of how to soften them going from taking them out and bashing them with a hammer, to actually drilling holes in them :LOL:
Nothing worked really.

Then came springs and the rest, as they say, is history.

I agree with the comments about springs being better, when you’ve got compression/rebound damping, I ran Speed Springs in the late 90s in some RS Judy and they felt great. Just not sure what they’d be like in the M2 though.

Back