Spring Epic 2014 - The Resurrection (well it is Easter)

Re: Spring Epic 12 - 13 April FINAL OFFER - Destination Poll

If you go for 12-13th then take Glendoll off as I'm working on the Saturday.

I feel like giving up, an epic that falls on a date that satisfies all of our regular riders is impossible. As only our regular riders, which is actually quite small, ever reply to any post I put up I cant gauge what our occasional or once in a blue moon riders want.

People cannot say, we must have a spring epic ride and then walk away and let someone else do the donkey work but do keep popping in to say cant do this, cant do that, that wont work.

I know I'm a glasses half empty personality but do you blame me when no one is coming forward with positives.

Glen Doll can only be done with Clubby leading so we need to know what weekends he can do but all the information I have is what weekend he cant. Kaiser cant do anything so it seems. TK and Gaz cant do easter, so what can they do. ZZ and Gmac are as quiet as church mice despite Gmac being the push behind the epic. Jamie D is a positive note but nobody else tells me anything other than whats happening as regards road rides which isn't even relevant to the thread.
Rob tells me just choose a date and they will come. Great but what if they dont ?

Yes I'm moaning but if there is not some definite positive input regarding when and where this epic is happening then its dead in the water !

Velo, let's let the vote run a few more days and see where we are and take it from there. We've had this in the past, and we'll simply go with what suits the majority. We can't suit everyone, and I think we all understand that.

I'll have to do a new poll.
12-13 April is only suitable date thats well into April if we discount easter other than that we're in to May and proximity to other events.
Clubby cant do 12-13 April so glendoll is out.
So straight fight between devils Staircase and Nevis

Re: Spring Epic 12 - 13 April -New Destination Poll- Vote Ag

it's better but I doubt I'll make that date and Fat Forth, I'll need to chose.

velomaniac":1y6fempg said:
I feel like giving up, an epic that falls on a date that satisfies all of our regular riders is impossible. As only our regular riders, which is actually quite small, ever reply to any post I put up I cant gauge what our occasional or once in a blue moon riders want.

People cannot say, we must have a spring epic ride and then walk away and let someone else do the donkey work but do keep popping in to say cant do this, cant do that, that wont work.

I know I'm a glasses half empty personality but do you blame me when no one is coming forward with positives.

Glen Doll can only be done with Clubby leading so we need to know what weekends he can do but all the information I have is what weekend he cant. Kaiser cant do anything so it seems. TK and Gaz cant do easter, so what can they do. ZZ and Gmac are as quiet as church mice despite Gmac being the push behind the epic. Jamie D is a positive note but nobody else tells me anything other than whats happening as regards road rides which isn't even relevant to the thread.
Rob tells me just choose a date and they will come. Great but what if they dont ?

Yes I'm moaning but if there is not some definite positive input regarding when and where this epic is happening then its dead in the water !

All true and you have the right to moan ...................

Not all true! I voted in the date polls. The original date was the only weekend in April I could lead and was pulled away without being asked if I could do the others. I don't mind and understand the reasons but hardly my fault.
Last time I brought up holiday weekend clashes and other rides I was told that people already know about these things.

Ladies, Ladies...............
handbags down, take two steps back and go get a white wine spritzer, few deep breaths and...............relax. ;)

Just pick a place and a date and those that want a spring epic will come. Either of the above will do me and I'll just have to organise things around the date. I'll be at Forth Fat but as I'm no longer going to Ireland for SSEC I should be OK petrol money wise, to do both.
I understand its a hard thankless task to please everyone Velo, so basically tell me when and where and I'll do my utmost to support it.
Jamie

I can rarely plan weekends far in advance because that's SWMBO time.

I'm a retired layabout who can do what he wants during the week, so weekends are the wife's.

Am I missing something, or couldn't you do the Nevis Loop and the Devil's over two days?

Back