Spokes for Retro Wheels. SORTED.

Trebz

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi All

I have a White Industries rear hub which I'm putting onto my Work Bike Mavic M231 rim. Iv'e never been a 'Spoke Guy' and I don't know what spokes to buy in order to facilitate the wheel build. The rim and hub are 32 hole.

The images here are of the Mavic rim, currently build on an XT hub. The others are of the White Industries hub build up on a Campagnolo rim.

The question is the obvious one, what spokes do I buy for the rear wheel, web links would be best so I can just click and buy.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Attachments

• 20220724_224119.jpg
    20220724_224119.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220727_082723.jpg
    20220727_082723.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220727_082732.jpg
    20220727_082732.jpg
    439.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220727_082739.jpg
    20220727_082739.jpg
    701.3 KB · Views: 3
I used the cycle clinic (I think it was called that anyway), they were helpful on what spokes I'd need based on rim and hubs, plus were pretty well priced too.

Are these the right ones, i mean length etc. I have no clue what to buy really:

DT Swiss Ebay Link

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Sapim or Spocalc to work out spoke length, most have hub data but you might need a vernier to check the WI one. Then off to the retailer to order. My local bike shop is every bit as competitive as the web guys, and sells online. http://www.forgecycles.co.uk/Home

And just to be contrary I normally buy raw stainless spokes. Black ones make a bike look heavy. I hate black bikes. 😈

Sapim or Spocalc to work out spoke length, most have hub data but you might need a vernier to check the WI one. Then off to the retailer to order. My local bike shop is every bit as competitive as the web guys, and sells online. http://www.forgecycles.co.uk/Home

And just to be contrary I normally buy raw stainless spokes. Black ones make a bike look heavy. I hate black bikes. 😈
ooo i will have to save that one, very similar pricing to the one i use.

I too dont like black bikes, but i prefefr black wheels. I think it also hides how dirty the wheels can get!

I have an M560 LX wheel with black spokes and black 317 rim and jolly nice it looks too on my dark green metallic Dawes.

Latest posts

Back