Splendor bike restoration

I have to get the decals made up as there are none available. There is a nice foil type decal on the seat tube so I am going with this look.

So I sanded the rear stays to see whether there was any traces of the chrome and I believe I found some traces of the original chrome under the paint. frame15d.jpg

I owned a 1986 Hitachi -Splendor team bike with De Wilde in black marker pen on the bottom of the bracket shell so I assumed it was for Etienne De Wilde Belgian road/track pro. Mine looked to be Martelly built even though he has stated he built them in the 1983 to 1985 period. It had Cinelli SCA bottom bracket shell and very minimal short point lugs . A well know UK supplier of decals makes a Wickes Splendor set of decals I will see if I can find the details . Lovely frame, good luck with the restoration.

I owned a 1986 Hitachi -Splendor team bike with De Wilde in black marker pen on the bottom of the bracket shell so I assumed it was for Etienne De Wilde Belgian road/track pro. Mine looked to be Martelly built even though he has stated he built them in the 1983 to 1985 period. It had Cinelli SCA bottom bracket shell and very minimal short point lugs . A well know UK supplier of decals makes a Wickes Splendor set of decals I will see if I can find the details . Lovely frame, good luck with the restoration.
hi,

Yes it came with the Wickes Splendor decals from that UK supplier and they are high quality and would be correct for an 81/82 bike, but I wanted a project anyway and a friend who is a graphic designer will be putting the artwork for the older decals together for me.

Pat

Back