Splatter Cinder Cone with A.I. description

Well, some schmuck has hit that idiotic button while selling a pair of 650B tyres, which has generated a sentence
"With a size of 650 x 47, these tyres are suitable for a variety of bike frames", which is outright misleading.

Here's what ChatGPT 4o had to say.

Classic 1990 Kona Cindercone Mountain Bike - Meticulously Maintained Original

Experience the pinnacle of early 90s mountain biking technology with this vintage 1990 Kona Cindercone. This model is revered for its craftsmanship and durability, featuring original equipment that has stood the test of time.

Features:

• Frame: Durable steel frame designed for exceptional handling and resilience in diverse riding conditions.
  • Drivetrain:
    • Shifters: Shimano Deore XT thumb shifters for precise and reliable gear changes.
    • Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT, known for its robustness and smooth shifting.
    • Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT, providing excellent control and stability across a wide range of gears.
    • Crankset: Shimano Deore XT triple crankset, offering a versatile range of gears for tackling steep climbs and fast descents.
    • Cassette: Original Shimano cassette with a range that complements the mountainous terrain capabilities of the bike.
  • Brakes: Original Shimano Deore XT cantilever brakes for powerful and responsive braking.
  • Tires: Period-specific tires mounted on sturdy rims, suitable for challenging trails.
  • Seat: Original comfortable saddle, perfect for extended rides on rough terrain.
Designer and Historical Significance:Crafted under the expertise of Joe Murray, a legendary designer and competitive mountain biker, this bike is built with the serious cyclist in mind. It carries a legacy of quality and performance, often chosen by racers and enthusiasts who demand the best.

Racing Heritage:Favored by professional racers for its agility and endurance, the Cindercone has a storied history in mountain biking competitions, showcasing its capability and reliability in demanding conditions.

Collector’s Appeal:This Kona Cindercone is not just a bicycle; it's a piece of cycling history. Ideal for collectors, vintage enthusiasts, or anyone looking to experience a ride on a bike that epitomizes the early days of competitive mountain biking.

Explore the attached photos to see the immaculate condition of this vintage gem. Inquiries for more information or additional photos are welcome.

-------
The challenge was to write that description based just on a single photograph. That was a bridge too far; it could tell it was a bicycle, and the photo I fed it was indeed of a meticulously maintained bike in original condition. But first it confused it with my Ritchey (which it has seen), then when asked to identify it said it was a Bridgestone. Had to tell it the year and model number, and prompt it for detail a couple of times, so it wasn't quite as easy as uploading a photo, but I was able to interact with it in natural language. EG "Alex, can you include some information about the history of the bike? And also any information you can glean from reviews?" (It likes to be called "Alex").

A developer once said that interacting with Google's AI was like talking to a child prodigy. Interacting with ChatGPT 4o is kind of the same except its a little more like interacting with LeeLoo from the movie "Fifth Element," right before she knew basically everything

Speaking of which, when asked to render the "Collector's Appeal" paragraph in the "Divine Language," this is what it came up with:

"Le Kona Cindercone apipou baagano. Le sappo bik velo; le san a piece de cycling stoyr. Eeko for collectors, vintage passioneeko, ka anyone sekto eeko ride on velo coba epitomizes le early days de competitive mountain biking." :D

On the other hand, this is how Pootie Tang would have said it:

"Sa da tay! Dis Kona Cindercone on the tippi tai, my damie. It ain't just a bikie; it's a piece of cyclin' history, wa da tah. Good for the coleptown, vintage lovers, or any baddy down to sepatown on a ride that capachow! Sa da tay!"

I tend to agree; if the Kona Cindercone isn't baagano, nothing is. I'll be down to da sepatown if you need me.

Last edited:
Back