Splatter Cinder Cone with A.I. description

Here's another daft AI description, but for an explosif and in my size by the looks of it 🥹

Miles away though.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Here's another daft AI description, but for an explosif and in my size by the looks of it 🥹

Miles away though.

That one is less stupid.
I wonder why?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Concur entirely with comments here, and you see it (yes I put a comma before and) in all categories.
Complete turn off for me, like an estate agent collaborated with Barbara Cartland to take forever to say nothing and in such a fanciful way. I'm at the stage where I won't bid if I see it.
In defence of some sellers however you can see there's some real info buried in paragraphs of bullcrap so you just have to weed it out.

It’s interesting how much eBay really encourages sellers to use the AI description tool considering how obviously terrible it is most of the time. I can only presume it puts the right keywords in there and does actually drive higher prices, despite the utter bollocks it spews out.

The fact that it actually quite often puts in flat out inaccurate information is of course of no concern to them if it helps sales.

It’s interesting how much eBay really encourages sellers to use the AI description tool considering how obviously terrible it is most of the time. I can only presume it puts the right keywords in there and does actually drive higher prices, despite the utter bollocks it spews out.

The fact that it actually quite often puts in flat out inaccurate information is of course of no concern to them if it helps sales.

It needs people to use it for it to learn, that's the point of ai. Of course the somewhat vague sweeping claims it currently generates does leave open the option to return items as "not described" which will initially cost eb sales. I think it suits the users that couldn't be bothered to write anything in the description apart from "mountain bike" which I found more annoying.

It needs people to use it for it to learn, that's the point of ai. Of course the somewhat vague sweeping claims it currently generates does leave open the option to return items as "not described" which will initially cost eb sales. I think it suits the users that couldn't be bothered to write anything in the description apart from "mountain bike" which I found more annoying.

Well, yes – if there's a button that will do something for you with zero effort, people are going to use it, unfortunately.

Do you think it's possible to return an item if it turns out to not be a "unique addition to your collection" or "sure to impress"? 😂

Back