Spesh' chain stay u brake year ?

The smallest frame size stumpjumper at least was still U brake in1990 - avoiding foot clash I understand. Maybe even later but I don’t know about that.

here is the frame in question managed to drag it out this morning, one of the other lads had snaffled it into a pile and glancing a look at the top tube colours from afar we just thought it was an early 90s till he told me he noticed the u brake mount last week after a customer was looking at it, its quite a large frame aswell
88 maybe ?

Attachments

• P1050660.JPG
    P1050660.JPG
    387.9 KB · Views: 15
also it does need a sympathetic deep clean and will probably come out quite nice, the pic is as it is in its grimey glory

also it does need a sympathetic deep clean and will probably come out quite nice, the pic is as it is in its grimey glory
1988 model.
here is the frame in question managed to drag it out this morning, one of the other lads had snaffled it into a pile and glancing a look at the top tube colours from afar we just thought it was an early 90s till he told me he noticed the u brake mount last week after a customer was looking at it, its quite a large frame aswell
88 maybe ?

Might be ugly, heavy and collect kak like a shovel. But they don't half stop the bike.
I had a cannondale red shred 1989 & it had one.

Back