Specialized Rockhopper 1997

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":39ct0l4j said:
Not seen this before, well done for giving it a new lease of life. Worst condition I've ever heard of, with bonded spacers and death star jockey wheels!
I like your idea of a little pootle. On the big ring! :LOL:

Mike

I seem to pick up the worst condition bikes for a challenge.

Big ring on the flat with slicks, flies along. Shame the seatpost isn't a half foot longer!

Re:

mine was worse off.....wheels,shifters,deraileurs,pedals, grips and seat were junk.... had to soak the seat post for a week to get it out of the frame... I ended stripping mine down to the bare frame, even the paint... I ended up putting it together with mostly used parts except for a new headset, BB and alot of the little stuff... have it built as a single speed commuter.....on its maiden voyage the non drive side crankarm came loose or I forgot to tighten it maybe... picked up a used crankset today for $5 at my LBS, so hopefully this is the last issue with it

Attachments

• 14479789_10153758466045303_3284983193518646360_n.jpg
    14479789_10153758466045303_3284983193518646360_n.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 539

coomber":2hm1mld0 said:
Ha ha! Thanks chap

It is quite nice really. Doesn't get used much at all sadly.

That's a real shame as it looks like a really good bike for having fun out on the trails ..

Re:

coomber":1ttcaut8 said:
Now onto the cleaning individual parts...

Front mech:

USED THIS (AND ELBOW GREASE)
0E4E57EF-orig.jpg

So how much ;

001_zpszqslhsnv.jpg

did you need to use then ? ..

Re:

Cleaning is therapeutic so it's not a hassle like a stuck seatpost/bottom bracket or bespoke size bearing etc.

As to its use... wife has taken it around the block once. She is adamant still it will be used so that's good enough for me. Think when the mini-coombers are bigger we will go out as a family so will be handy then.

coomber":22tbrb11 said:
Cleaning is therapeutic so it's not a hassle like a stuck seatpost/bottom bracket or bespoke size bearing etc.

As to its use... wife has taken it around the block once. She is adamant still it will be used so that's good enough for me. Think when the mini-coombers are bigger we will go out as a family so will be handy then.

My wife is just as eager as yours to go out on her bike atm although in all fairness she is only just learning to ride and she's no spring chicken any more but any how your situation does seem promising and fingers crossed your little ones will be keen to get out on their bikes when their a bit bigger and encourage Mummy to join them ;) ..

Don't you mean cleaning your favourite bike is therapeutic as cleaning up at ours is like being in a competition to see how quick it can be done :facepalm: :LOL: ..

Back