Specialized Allez Epic Carbon Fiber

Re:

yeah i like it ! great idea with the handle bar colour split, personalised in a flash.the h bar stem looks good too,a retro Ahead whith a shim to accomodate 1* stearers? ,fab.i hope it rides as well as it looks for you.congrat's

Frame: Epic Carbon

Fork: Sintema

Headset: Ritchey
Stem: ITM Millenium
Handlebar: ITM Super Italia Pro-2
Grips: Bontrager

Brakes: Dura-Ace 7403
Brake Pads: Dura-Ace
Brake Cables: Dura-Ace
STI's: Dura-Ace 7400

Front Derailleur: Dura-Ace 7403
Rear Derailleur: Dura-Ace 7402
Derailleur Cables: Dura-Ace
Cassette: Dura-Ace
Chain: Dura-Ace
Cranks: Dura-Ace
Crank Bolts: Dura-Ace
Chainrings: Dura-Ace 7410
Chainring bolts: Dura-Ace
Bottom Bracket: Dura-Ace 7410
Pedals: XTR 959 but there is Dura-Ace 7401

Hub Skewers: Dura-Ace
Hubs: Dura-Ace 7403/7400
Tyres: Specialized TurboS

Saddle: Flite Titanium
Seatpost: Dura-Ace

Re:

Loved my Allez, my first plastic bike.

I loved it right till I went down a ditch and broke off the head tube entirely when both upper & lower head tube lugs cracked due to the impact. Not the bikes fault and it was a big clip.

Less big was an identical frame hanging in my mates garages. We concluded that the bottom bracket lug bonding had failed as the seat tube was pulling out of the bottom bracket lug :shock:

Both replaced under warranty back then, my failure that 'caused' the crash ;) and his for, well, 'overuse' (hanging in the garage)

Yours is most likely fine of course, but just check that the tubes are still fully bonded into the lugs. Maybe tap the metal lugs to see if the sound seems a little off.

That's a great build there :)
Really liking the component choice as well as the colours of components. Looks really smart, well done.
Wishing you many happy miles

Jamie

Back