Sophie Brookes (Jason Mcroy) Salsa ala Carte Jelly Bean

Wow-great buy.

I made a JMC replica salsa - its still in the loft. Gil_m made me the decals for the Rockshox fork legs.

Sophie is on FB - I sent her a MBUK salsa jersey I had a few years back after she posted a wanted ad.

Looking forward to seeing this done.
Amazing do you have a build thread? Would love to see it

Wow, what a great bit of history and even better that it's getting fixed up by the man! Remember all the MBUK features and wanted a Salsa ever since.

I imagine the seat post was titanium but if not I have a decent aluminium one I'd be willing to part with.
PM incoming

PM replied to , will extract Mag 21 from later & sort some images. £221 posted + shock pump , or ideally swap for Bonty rigid forks…

I have asked the seller again if he could share the video but he said there on VHS, hopefully I can get a copy and somehow get in on a PC.

He was friends with Jason and used to ride and train with him. (He sent me some photos of him and Jason together) He told me he brought both Jason and Sophie’s Salsas for him and his wife… he sold Jason’s bike to a friend in the early 2000s and the one for his wife stayed in his shed until last week. I didn’t ask what happened to the original kit but I will do if you want me to?

Good old VHS, could be worse, could be Betamax 🤣

And i was thinking more about the restoration when asking, as in they may not realize your intention of restoring the bike and actually have the original parts thrown to the back of the shed, or sat in a friends garage on another treasure, would make your like easier :)

Reactions: Rog
Good old VHS, could be worse, could be Betamax 🤣

And i was thinking more about the restoration when asking, as in they may not realize your intention of restoring the bike and actually have the original parts thrown to the back of the shed, or sat in a friends garage on another treasure, would make your like easier :)
You know he may of actually said Betmax but I have emailed him again!

And what you say makes a lot of sense…. Would be a lot more helpful in the restoration! I will keep you updated 👍🏻

Amazing do you have a build thread? Would love to see it

This one is mine;

This thread is well worth a read also;

Reactions: Rog
This one is mine;

This thread is well worth a read also;

Thanks for these
Could you DM some pictures of yours as the photos on your thread won’t load.

Back