Something to scratch the steel GT itch..

KeepItSteel

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm keen to try out a 19"ish early/mid 90s GT, something Bravado/Karakoram style, and preferably in a bright eyeball melting colour.

Looks nice! I'll try and get through the build thread today and get back to you later

It's funny you should say that, ive been looking at a few models and thinking they look heavy :)

What was the shop floor weight of something like a Karakoram?

These werent too bad, the problem I found is that the lighter the frame the more noodly the back end.

I've stuck with the Zaskar instead. Different.

file.php

Oooff, Tequila Sunrise..
Nice fork combo too.

There are a couple of nice Karakoram avaialble ATM, but current prices are testing my affection. I fear I may have missed the boat

KeepItSteel":3ibvr0ga said:
Oooff, Tequila Sunrise..
Nice fork combo too.

There are a couple of nice Karakoram avaialble ATM, but current prices are testing my affection. I fear I may have missed the boat

I recently bought a Karakoram "tequila sunrise" in more than decent condition (and with 98% of the original parts on it) and paid 300 €. I considered this a decent price, knowing these were pretty expensive bikes back in the nineties. As far as I remember, here in Belgium, you paid lots more for a GT compared to other brands. Back in '91, I bought a Scott Windriver (DX groupset - paid 40.000 Belgian Franks for it) because the Karakoram (XT/DX/LX mixture) was more than 50.000.

Back