Someone found something you want, how would you react?

I was looking for a set of Ti forks for ages, frustratingly I've missed on some bargains by minutes as some buggers were faster to dib on here :evil: .

Some months ago I was offered one set to buy it for 2x amount of what I've paid for the Ti frame earlier :shock: it belongs to (so they can be a matching set) and the frame wasn't cheap either :facepalm:.

It looked silly and still does.I gave the seller a sensible offer (still foolishly high, but manageable) which he refused. Not long after this I somehow managed to find a similar set, not much cheaper, but as NOS so I bought it. I guess (as now I already have the part I wanted so badly) I'll wait until the price eventually goes south - if not, I can't be arsed. If we can have a deal later I'll buy it just because of pure greed :twisted: !

So don't give up, patience can pay off ;) .

Re:

I need to think I have achieved some concept of value. I don’t mind paying marginally over the odds (maybe 20 percent) if it is something I desperately need to have NOW. Typically I hold out until I can grab something slightly beneath market.

It wouldn’t sit right with me if I had paid the opportunistic prices some guys hold out for. Everytime I saw the item it would remind me that I had been an impatient sucker and allowed someone to monetise my hobby.

As others have said, wait patiently or ask around here. Everything is out there still, even exotic stuff in NOS condition.

Re:

Walk away and wait patiently. While I’ve got an unhealthy addiction to checking my eBay saved searches I’ve pretty much always found what I wanted at the right price just by waiting. My forum name GTpulse comes from the bike I kept missing out on or went for too much money. A chance exchange of messages with a seller of something else ended up with me buying an NOS (as in still factory wrapped) frame for what was a bargain price at the time. Just waited it out. There have, however, been a few times I’ve paid at least market value when it’s been a part I needed to finish a project, that can be frustrating as it’s not usually the time you feel like waiting!

Back