Some help and inspiration....

mpatts

Dirt Disciple
Some years ago I saved this from a lonely life in a local bike shop (Roy Pinks in Newport Pagnel). The aim was for it to be ridden my Mrs P at l'eroica (the real one), which never really happened.

I've just had a look at it in the shed, and I am thinking of what to do with it.

What I am really trying to work out is this: is the mix of components (5 speed super record, gieppemme cranks and some random brakes) a sign of age, or is it a sign of something else? I've done some googling but I am still unsure of the age, i always had it pegged as mid '70's

I have enough stuff in the shed to make it all campag (vintage record cranks, for example), but I don't want to ruin it.

Really appreciate your input.

Attachments

• IMG_1547.jpg
    IMG_1547.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 597
  • IMG_1546.JPG
    IMG_1546.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_1548.JPG
    IMG_1548.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_1550.JPG
    IMG_1550.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 588
Re:

Look for a number on the rear derailleur where cable enters will be the year...im guessing 75 ish...Its a rare Campagnolo Super Record 1st generation a real collectors item..£££.. a very nice bike.. i'm turning green... :D

jordic1968":8g7x9kim said:
Very nice. Looks ok to me. You can find more info on early coppi bikes here:
https://cyclesroland.wordpress.com/2020 ... -timeline/

It's a Fiorelli isn't it? Very early Super Record rear mech with the Nuovo Record'ish front plate and the black top and bottom parts. Could be worth a bit on its own? Should be a date marking on it. (Edit - as said above) A mix of components is typical of 'clubman' bikes of the period. No groupsets then. People bought when necessary, what was available in their LBS and at a level they could afford. Mix and match was the order of the day!

Old Ned":2klq16h6 said:
jordic1968":2klq16h6 said:
Very nice. Looks ok to me. You can find more info on early coppi bikes here:
https://cyclesroland.wordpress.com/2020 ... -timeline/

It's a Fiorelli isn't it? Very early Super Record rear mech with the Nuovo Record'ish front plate and the black top and bottom parts. Could be worth a bit on its own? Should be a date marking on it. (Edit - as said above) A mix of components is typical of 'clubman' bikes of the period. No groupsets then. People bought when necessary, what was available in their LBS and at a level they could afford. Mix and match was the order of the day!

Yup a fiorelli. It's all pre my knowledge, hence why I'm coming across as a numpty!

Re:

1978 or after, if the information at jordic's link can be relied upon- brazed on shifters and rear brake cable tunnels. Presumably they moved to allen key brakes at some point not much later, so this frame is probably late seventies.

Re:

The brake calipers are by Modolo. .if they have a serial number by the brake pad bolt they are top of the range Professional model. More close up photos of the components and frame details would help.

Latest posts

Back