Help with my new Y33 frame

MaxBack

Dirt Disciple
Well I've been after a Trek Y frame for quite some time and finally came across one in decent condition at my local bike co-op for what I believe to be a great price. Brought it home to do some research on my particular example and found myself a bit stumped. The decals are clearly the same as the 1998 model but according to the 98 trek catalog, the Y33 only came in one color, they called it Platinum Pearl which is clearly a pearly gray/silver looking color. My example is what I believe Trek called nude or naked carbon and just has a clear coat showing the natural black carbon color with the Y33 decal in yellow. It certainly doesn't look like a custom job and as there are a few examples of this exact color found online it obviously is not, but nevertheless I am baffled as to why this color isn't listed in the catalog. Can anyone shed some light? 97 had entirely different graphics and 99 went to the superlights. Thanks so much in advance.

Attachments

• 20230823_190710.jpg
    20230823_190710.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 19
I can't help with the color/catalog question but the frame looks like a beauty. The naked carbon is the most desirable in my opinion. My '95 with a full 3x8 drive train is ~22.5 lbs and I didn't have to spend a fortune to get it there. Looking forward to the build!

Back