Some days I just feel old - 'hope everyone is ok' update

Re:

LGF ... sometimes we have had s++t shovelled on top of us by other people and we have had to cope with it - it takes it’s toll, that’s for sure. And if there is a ‘fairness fairy’ they are bloody absent most of the time. Bereavement for sure takes it out of you (I am ‘widower’ on the census form). it’s a big load to carry, sometimes.

Massive Attack - ah, Three...and Weatherstorm. Check out Craig Armstong’s Piano Works - the pieces which underlay some of the co-operatives tracks. But fret not re ‘old’ and ‘young’ - my 15 year old son listens to Pink Floyd, The Animals and Gorillaz, and he’s playing Call of Duty right now but listening to Frank Sinatra...

And you know how white-bearded I am, you saw that recently. But at 63 I am definitely down at the pump track every weekend trying to work up to genuinely clearing the big tabletop...

Research says that as our facilities and physiology decline, experience and acting on it trumps that decline. That’s heartening. And every so often, just occasionally, I get that real buzz of a new thing or a new pleasure, which really keeps me going and keeps me pushing....

47 you're a youngster, I got 8 yrs extra. And after watching dinner date I feel prehistoric

Sixty here. Riding less, but longer and slower. The reward is still the same, the motivation to actually get out is the hard bit nowadays. Naps and sleep more important than ever. Watching social media getting all excited about 26" wheels and seeing the ages of these new fans is just plain confusing - rackpacking indeed! Trying to not give in to the notion that I'm too old for anything - techno all nighters; bike polo; vodka Red Bull; another Mayhem... the struggle is real!

When is 'Gates 2021' - it's still on my bucketlist??!

Placing this here as the last forum i linked it to removed the pic cos theyre fing prudes

Attachments

• Comienza-el-verano.jpg
    Comienza-el-verano.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Re:

2many Oranges....Craig Armstrong....god damit...I know why I love this site...with you every step of the way...I am treading the age path between you and LGF..and life does start to catch you up but that is surely what defines us...what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

listen to this old folks, and be young forever
Musique59.gif

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYXpIqHcRTM[/youtube]

(I'm 48 at the end of the month :facepalm: )

Well, Naked Thursday didnt start well. People just pointed and screamed - then I realised I didnt have my mask on.

59 going on 21 hopefully but the right ankle is only 2 weeks old today.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1615896631284.jpg
    FB_IMG_1615896631284.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 77
Back